Chapter 5

外泊
Sleep Over

-x-

The volleyball team's summer camp is coming up. Unlike Kageyama Tobio who was working hard so that he could attent their team's summer camp in Tokyo, Aoba Johsai's captain was hiding his real feelings about it. No, he's just, confused.

Oikawa Tooru loves volleyball, everybody agrees. He shows much excitement towards the upcoming summer camp. However, when we're alone... well...

"君の面倒に見るつもり誰だ? (Who's gonna look after you?)" he asked, referring to when he leaves for the camp.

We were walking home side by side with his hands in his pockets and mine, on my bag. "白布さんが (Shirabu-san will)," I answered plainly.

Oikawa stayed reaction-less, but I could tell he was mentally pulling on his hair from frustration already. Shirabu's been doing things on purpose to prove his point that Oikawa likes me. I mean, I get it. But even if he does, it doesn't benefit me in any way, because I don't like him! Besides, he's destined to marry volleyball, for goodness' sake. Surely everyone knows that.

My phone beeped. As I checked the LED Display, Oikawa peeked at the side to read who it was. When I opened it to read the message, he got even closer. Seriously. If he wants to sneak up on me to read my messages, couldn't he have done it subtler?

— ① —

影山飛雄
心配しない。出来るだって。待てだ、見せてろぜ

Kageyama Tobio
Don't worry. I can do it. Just wait, I'll show you.

————

"どういう事だ?!心配したか?何故だ?!俺に心配しないでくる何故だ?!(What's the meaning of this?! You were worried? Of what?! How come you don't worry for me?!)"

There's nothing else to do, but hit his shoulder. I punched it with all my irritation. "おい!君まだ大丈夫か?!(Oy! Are you still okay?!)" Hopefully, this will snap out of his.. insanity. He's been like this for days. Like a woman on a period, I can't—

After a moment of silence, his shoulders fell along with his face. "最近は、俺たちはいつも喧嘩いだ (These days, we've always been fighting.)" His voice was dark and serious.  Honestly, we haven't been seeing eye-to-eye lately because he's been so sensitive!

Oikawa slowly met eyes with mine as he forced a defeated smile on his lips. "御免ね (I'm sorry.)" he gave my head a gentle pat before walking ahead.

--

"お前のせいだ!(It's your fault!)" My right hand was writing on my notebook with intense force while my left kept my phone stuck on my ear. I've been releasing all my anger towards Oikawa on Shirabu.

I almost broke my pen when I heard his boyish laugh. Oh yeah, laugh even more dickhead. I'm going to ruin your volleyball shoes and throw away your new ones.

"彼は遅いな (He's slow)," Shirabu commented, which I didn't understand. "でもこれいいんじゃない?(But isn't this good?)" he added.

"何がいい?!(Which part is good?!)"

He laughed again. "全く。。君も遅いだ、夕暉 (Seriously.. You're slow too, Sekki.)"

I was so annoyed and bothered by Oikawa so much that even if after ranting to Shirabu, my head was still full of steam and anger. Without thinking twice, I grabbed my jacket and went out of the house, yelling that I'll be visiting Oikawa before shutting the door.