Chapter 3: pay attention to me

I really cannot concentrate on what Kocho is saying.

My attention is on her facial features. Her violet eyes, sparkling when talking about her patients passionately. Her lips, oh god, that lips, so pink, plum and soft looking, covered with red velvet lipstick that made it more desirable. I wonder if her lips state like how sweet it looks like.

Tomioka’s eyes widened which confused Shinobu. 

…What??

“…mioka-san? Tomio…”

What did I just think of?

Shinobu tried to get his attention again, clearly annoyed at how short the attention span of the ravenette.

“Hello? Tomioka-san? Are you alright?” asked Shinobu in a concerning tone.

“Ah.”

“What do you mean ‘Ah’, Tomioka-san?” asked the now clearly irritated doctor, “Are you alright? Are you even listening to me?”

Tomioka’s eyes again landed on her lips.

Do not fool yourself, Giyuu.

With much strength, he struggled to keep his attention from the features of the small doctor in front of him, instead of what she is saying.

“… Yes, I’m listening.”

“Well, good to know. As I was saying, you need to fill out forms for this surgery and keep Nezuko from being stressed for a month to prepare her for the surgery. It’s better if you would consult a nutritionist regarding her diet f…”

Trying to distract himself from staring at her again, his eyes wandered and landed on Shinobu’s butterfly pin.

That pin… I remember it is the same as the pin of the woman in my dreams.

“…ou’re not listening, Tomioka-san.”

They may have bought it at the same store.

“Hey, Tomioka san…”

“…Butterfly…” Tomioka muttered.

“Huh? Are you alright, Tomioka-san?” concern showing in Shinobu’s voice.

As usual, she didn’t get an answer so she snapped her fingers in front of him to catch his attention and call him again.

“Hey? Tomioka Giyuu-san?”

Hearing her calling him in his first name drift him back to reality. Hearing her calling him in his first name made him want to succumb to her. It just feels so nice hearing her calling his name.

“…Your butterfly pin.”

“Huh? What about my pin?”

“Do you… know where you can buy a pin like that?”

“I’m afraid not. This pin is made personally for me.”

“I see.”

“Is that all, Tomioka-san?”

It took a while for Tomioka to respond. He wanted to ask Shinobu if she might know someone like the woman in his dreams but knowing that they are merely acquaintances, he did not impose.

Shinobu standing up signaled him he is free to go and their talk ends here.
As he set his foot outside of Shinobu’s office, Nezuko ran up to him and cling on him.

“We were wondering what took you guys so long.”

“We discussed Nezuko’s surgery. She has to prepare for it.”