Chapter 4: saved by you, again

12:51 P.M.

After the lunch, Tomioka dropped Shinobu back at the Hospital.

She was greeted by a grinning Mitsuri, sitting on the chair in front of her table when she opened the door of her office.

"So," Mitsuri started, tapping her fingers on the table, "how's the 'family' lunch?"

Shinobu chuckled, obviously know what is on the mind of her pink-haired best friend.

"What are you saying, Mitsuri? It's just a simple lunch that I was offered to."

"Yes!" Mitsuri exclaimed, "Offered by one of the most beautiful men that have entered this hospital."

Shinobu gotta admit Mitsuri isn't wrong on that part.

"You mean I'm offered by his kids, not the other way around."

"Um, no, Ms. Kocho Shinobu. I heard your conversation in the hallway, and I believe he insisted you come with them, and magically, you accepted it," Mitsuri wiggled her brows.

Knowing that her friend won't stop pestering her about the lunch, and she is very sure she will not tell the incident in the comfort room, she tried to change their subject.

"Mitsuri-chan, aren't you supposed to be in your office? It's almost 1:00 P.M."

"Ah, ah," Mitsuri waved her right pointer finger, "you will not get rid of me that fast, Shinobu-chan. Besides, I know something happened! I just know it. I can smell it."

"Well, your nose is obviously clogged because I am certain nothing happened out of ordinary, Mitsuri-chan. And please, stop shipping me to that stoic man. His attention span is like a kid! I can't believe he zoned out while I'm talking to him."

"Maybe he is enchanted by your beauty," teased Mitsuri.

"Y'know, Mitsuri-chan, you're really into this matchmaking of yours, ne?"

"Oh, come on! You're no fun, Shinobu-chan. You don't get to be invited to lunch every day with a handsome man! I need to know what happened," showing her puppy eyes to Shinobu.

Shinobu gave Mitsuri an uninterested look.

"Ugh, fineeeee. I'll stop but only for now," whined Mitsuri, "next time something like this happens you will give me all the tea," Mitsuri winked at Shinobu.

Shinobu rolled her eyes but found herself agreeing to the condition of Mitsuri.

"Yes, I understand, Ms. Kanroji. Now, will you stop pestering me, and get back to your own office?"

"We are not yet done, Shinobu-chan. Douma came."

Shinobu grinned, "I know."

"What? You know?"

"Why do you think I accepted the lunch offer, hm?"

Mitsuri laughed, "you're smart, Shinobu-chan."

"Well, I can hear Douma shouting my name from the other end of the hallway, so I gotta do what I gotta do, escape him even if it means sitting with an emotionally deprived man that zoned out every now and then," Shinobu chuckled.

Shinobu met Douma a couple of months ago when she was strolling in the city. Douma, whose attention is on his phone, dumbly tried to cross a street with cars on full speed. Her automatic reaction was to save him so she yanked him back in the side of the street. Since then, Douma has been pestering her and commenting every now and then how it was like destiny considering the circumstances on how they met.