Chapter 10: whose date are you?

Tomioka started going on dates 4 days after after the incident with Shinobu which what actually led him to go on dates. It seems that Nezuko and Tanjirou are very persuasive to save Tomioka’s dying (if not dead) love life. It has been a week and a half since he started dating and been on two dates.

With the help of his friend and the kamado siblings, he is again, going on a date tonight. It was a set up by his friend so he doesn’t have any clue of who his date is. His friend only instructed him to wait for her at the restaurant, other than that, no more information was given to him. 

Tomioka wore slightly casual clothes yet presentable. His look consists of khaki trousers which the edges are folded just above his ankles, white polo and a blazer which he rolled the sleeves into 3/4s, and white sneakers to keep it casual.

Before Tomioka went out, his phone vibrated. It was his friend texting him 

:Here’s the number of your date, Tomioka-san.

xxx-xxx-xxxx 

Thank you so much for granting my request. I hope you’ll have a fun evening. Enjoy your date!

Thank you, Tamayo-san. I’ll be going: now. 

--

Shinobu was already at the restaurant but decided to stay at the restaurant’s outdoor patio. She was deciding whether to show up or not on her date. It was kind rude, she knows, but she was not in the mood to go on a date tonight. Besides, she doesn’t even know who the guy is, what if the man is dangerous? Not that she is doubting Tamayo-san but she just wants to be safe. 

She opted to text her date instead of just ditching him but before she could get her phone, she saw Tomioka enter the restaurant. 

Huh? What is he doing here?

Shrugging her thoughts about him, she proceeded to text her date but she was struggling to compose her message.

--

“Table reserved for Tamayo-san.” 

“This way, Sir.” 

Tomioka was led to a table for two. He checked his watch. He was one time. 30 minutes in and his date haven’t showed up yet. Tomioka was starting to get bored. His date probably ditched him but he doesn’t care. He got up and walked out of the restaurant. Once he was out of the restaurant, he bumped into Shinobu. 

“I’m so sorr—Tomioka-san?”

“Kocho?”

Tomioka was taken aback at what Shinobu looks like. She’s wearing cream turtle neck shirt, added with a gold necklace, black high-waist skirt that end just above her knees, and a two inches black block heels. She looks stunning considering she only wore a simple outfit. 

“You should be more careful.” 

“Still stoic, I see.” She beamed, “What are you doing here?” 

Before he could reply, Shinobu already assumed things. 

“Don’t tell me you’re on a date, Tomioka san?” 

Her question was only answered with silence. Shinobu gasped, “Please don’t tell me you’re ditching your date, Tomioka-san.”

“That is not—” 

“This is why no one likes you, Tomioka-san.” She teased. 

Tomioka gave her an unimpressed look, “and you, why are you here, Kocho?”