Chapter 12: interrogation

It was almost midnight when Tomioka got back in his place. Upon opening his door, the first he noticed is the noise coming from his tv.

Upon closer inspection, it was the Kamado siblings asleep on his couch. Tanjirou was sitting while Nezuko's head is on his lap. The sight made Tomioka smile. Nezuko insisted on sleeping in his place, which he obliged. He doesn't have any problem with it. In fact, he loves having the Kamado siblings in his place. However, he knows why Nezuko insisted today, rather than having it at any other night; Tonight is his date and she wants full details of it. He approached them quietly them tapped Tanjirou awake which caused Tanjirou to stir a little.

"Tanjirou, wake up. You'll end up with a stiff neck."

"Giyuu-san?" Tanjirou rubbed his eye awake, "Sorry, we fell asleep here. Nezuko wants to wait for you."

Tanjirou placed slowly Nezuko's head on the couch to stand up. He yawned a little then stretched while Tomioka unbuttoned the first three-button of his shirt.

"Tanjirou, prepare your bed. You have the key, right? I'll wake up Nezuko." Tanjirou obliged. While Tanjirou is preparing their bed, Tomioka is trying to wake up Nezuko.

"Wake up, Nezuko. It's time for bed." All he got for an answer is a whine from Nezuko which made Tomioka chuckle.

I guess I have no choice to carry her then...

Tomioka entered his spare room which the Kamado siblings are staying in. Tanjirou is already placed on the right side of the bed which led him to place Nezuko on the remaining space.

After tucking the Kamado siblings to bed, went to his own room. He took a hot shower, rinsing off the dirt that piled on his skin after a very tiring day.

Tomioka let out a sigh, laying in his comfy bed while thinking about his date and the woman he just spent his night with. He has been replaying their date in his brain and it's making him feel weird things. First, it's making his heart flutter. How can it not? Just by the sight of how beautiful Shinobu is, every man will succumb to her orders. Second, her quirky ways to annoy him are making him smile, not that he will ever admit it but it's entertaining to see how far she will go. Lastly, she feels like he had known her for a long time now. It's really weird but Tomioka can't shake the feeling that there's something more to her.

--

At first, all Tomioka can see is black. It was because he was squeezing his eyes tight when a warm damp cloth was pressed on the side. He hissed in the pain it came in contact with his skin.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Tomioka-san," He knows that voice. Hurriedly, he snapped his head to where the voice is coming from. It was the same girl from his previous dreams; butterfly patterned haori, black hair with purple tips, that signature butterfly pin, and yet, her face is still blurred but he can see her lips moving. "I'm too rough, Am I?"

"Who... Who are you?" the lady quirked an eyebrow than laughed at his serious face.

"Tomioka-san," the lady stifled a laugh, "I didn't know you could joke like that."She didn't answer Tomioka, thinking that he wasn't serious. She continued tending Tomioka's wounds in silence.

"All done."

The lady with a butterfly haori opened the window in her room, letting the cool breeze of the night inside.

"Isn't the moon lovely tonight?" asked the lady as she gazed at the night sky.

Tomioka didn't answer her, instead, he asked her again his previous question, "Who are you?"