Chapter 9

Luz POV

I lay awake on my bed with Amity at my side. She was really upset, but she will tell me in due time. I don't really mind waiting for her. Hell I would wait 1,000 years just to get her to talk to me. I run my hand through her mint green hair. I wonder if this is her natural hair color?

"Hey kid it's getting late should we take-" Eda cut herself off when she saw Amity asleep with her arms wrapped around me. I send her a small smile when both of us hear a low grumble. I look down at Amity to see her clutch her stomach before going back to a peaceful sleep. 

"Eda can you make diner please I'll wake her when you are done." I whisper trying no to wake the youngest blight up from her rest. Eda nods and walks away to make diner. I look down at Amity and smile. She looked so cute. Like a sleeping kitten. 

"Que linda (how cute)" I whisper to my self. I look down and notice tears spilling from Amity's eyes. She must get nightmares often. I start tracing stuff onto her back with my finger. Like a heart, the light spell, and 'I'm here.' It worked pretty well because she stopped crying and hugged me closer to her.

"Luz! Diner is ready wake your girlfriend up!" Eda shouts from the stairs. I feel myself flush at the word girlfriend. I quickly focus on waking up the green haired witch. She mumbles before nuzzling into my chest. I shake her shoulders trying to wake her up again. She hugs me closer,"5 more minutes please. I'm to comfortable." I blush at this before shaking her again.

"Come on Amity foods ready and based on what I heard from your stomach you haven't eaten anything in a while." I get cut of by the same grumble from before."Did you eat anything today?" Amity looks away face red from embarrassment. I hug her close to my body as an 'it's okay' and its also kinda like the hug I gave King when we first met the 'oh my goodness your so cute' hug.

"N-no I didn't eat Breakfast. Nor lunch. Or diner." Amity says rubbing the back of her neck. I chuckle slightly but it was more of a sad chuckle before I sit up and get ready to help her get down the steps her body still sore. I wrap my arm around her waist and she puts her arm on my shoulder.

"Good thing that Eda made diner." I say as we get to the final step. We walk to the couch and I gently settle her on there and rest my hand on the back of the couch. I didn't notice till now that we were pretty close. Wow her eyes are like the shining stars in a sea of darkness.

"Wow your eyes are beautiful."  I whisper unknowingly. I notice what I said and I feel my face flush just like Amity's own face. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that-" I was cut off by Eda clearing her throat. I jump a meter in the air before tripping on the corner of the couch and falling backwards with an "oof"

"Luz are you okay?" Amity ask trying to hide a smile face still red. Eda is not even trying to hide it, "Don't worry kid she does that often you should have seen her the other day fell down the stairs and landed on the couch." Eda places her hands on her hips before walking over to Me to help me up. 

"The foods ready so when ever you guys stop flirting or staring longingly at each other then you can go eat. Finish it here I don't wanna see that while I'm eating. " Eda says walking away My face flushes But I clear my throat and hold my hand out to help Amity. We go to the table and begin to eat.

-time skip-

"I should be going home now" Amity says as she begins walking to the door. I didn't want her going alone.

"I can walk you to your house." I suggest as I walk after her. "I'll be back Eda just going to walk Amity to her house." I shout to the owl lady. I take Amity's hand in mine and open the door. Amity looks back at Eda saying," Thanks for the food Ms.Eda." Eda waves a good-bye.

"Lets get going than shall we." I say in a goofy vice making Amity laugh a little. We walk in a comfortable silence from then on. A gust if wind blows by and  ruffles our hair. I see Amity shiver slightly. I Put my hand on her shoulder and hug her close to me. I look to the moon trying to hide my face, but I'm pretty sure she noticed the ever growing blush on my face.

"T-Thank you." Amity stutters as we reach her house she pulls away from the hug still holding my hand. I really didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to stay with me so I can help her. I just want to be with her. I take in all her features. Her beautiful golden eyes, her pale skin, her hair.

"Has your hair always been green?" I ask. Amity's face turns slightly red. Is she mad? Not again we were on good terms, too.," I'm so sorry was that rude. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm Just curious about it considering it's 3 different colors. " I explains as rubbing the back of my neck.

"It's not rude. your just curious. My hair is actually brown. I dyed it mint green like Azura but my dad wanted me to have a bit of the 'Blight charm' so I dyed half of my hair dark green." Amity explains,"I want my normal hair back though I kinda miss it, but I also want to have the mint green." She looks at the floor with a small smile. I let out a dreamy sigh. 

"Anyway I should go in now. We have... class tomorrow. Wait tomorrow is your first day at Hexside." Amity says jumping up and down in excitement. I nod almost as excited as she is. I smile at her once our excitement is under control. 

"I guess I'll see her tomorrow." I smile at her before leaning in ad placing a small kiss on her cheek."Good night Amity." I walk backwards like she did before and give her one more wave before I turn around and walk away,

"Good night!" She says loud enough for me to hear. I smile and continue walking to the Owl house. 

Once back at the house I walk into the living room to see Eda and king asleep on the couch. I pull out a blanket and put it on them. I kiss King good night and give Eda a small smile before going to my room. I lay down on my bed and begin planing. How am I going to help Amity? I stayed up for most of the night no ideas at all so I turn in for the night. The only thing on my mind is  the green haired witch that I had walked home earlier.