Chapter 20

Amity POV

"H-hey!" I shout before following the short haired girl. I heard her laugh at how much of a stuttering mess I was. I look over my shoulder to see my brother still being scolded by Em. I chuckle a little by the action.

"That right. He better not touch Luz." I mumble to myself before sitting down in the couch besides King. Luz had sat on the floor. I feel something tug at my side and look down at the small demon. 

"Hey Brat I finally figured out why you went after your brother when you had turned into that cat creature." All my attention was on the tiny demon now " What do you mean?" I ask leaning a little closer not wanting Luz to hear any of this. King sighs,"Your part cat you can kinda read people now. I'm guessing that when you were a giant cat you read his body language. And based on what just happened there I'm guessing that emotion you read on him was Love. As in Love with Luz." I growl a little at the last part. I see King motion towards the door to see Edric and Luz talking about something and every time he would get closer. I glance at Emira to see her as if she was hating what was going on, too. 

"What's your brother doing? " Eda says as she leans onto the couch. A small growl escapes my throat when Ed places his hand on Luz's shoulder.Luz looked as nervous as she was when she was being smothered by Amber.  I growl once more,"Ugh what is it and people not getting a hint." I stand up and walk over to Luz and Ed. I put myself in between both of them. I cross my arms and glare at Ed.

"Um sorry to...um... interrupt whatever this crap is, but I think we should get going. we aren't sure how dad will over react." I say pushing my brother out the door and giving Luz a strained smile. I turn back to my brother and growl at him. Once we are outside I give him a good shove.

"What the hex! You know about my feelings for her yet you can't help but flirt with Luz. Don't you get a hint she doesn't like you. -" I shout before getting cut off by Ed," What makes you so sure she likes you back. Hex she could hate you and just be pretending." Em and Luz walked outside to see us arguing. My eyes blurred with tears shove at him. He doges and causes me to fall. I swing at him but he catches  my hand and pulls me into a hug.

"Amity calm down I didn't actually mean it I just wanted to know how you would act. Man am I scared for who ever hits on Luz." He says pulling me close to him Laughing a little. I pound on his chest trying to get him away from me."Don't do that you idiot." I say giggling a little. I slowly stop pounding my fist against his chest. I let myself calm down in my brother's embrace. I didn't hear the Dominican American girl walk closer to us nor did I notice my sister hug us both.

"Do that again and I find a way to cut your sex off. That's a promise" I whisper a hint of amusement in mt voice towards my brother and sister so it was only us they could hear. Just than a notification notice came from Emira's scroll. She pulls away and checks it before she starts jumping up and down in excitement. 

"Mom's home! And dad just sent a threat to Amity. We have to get going now." Em says. She sends a small good bye to Luz and Eda before waiting at the door for me and Ed. Ed made his good byes short before heading to his sister who had grabbed him by the ear. I walk up to Luz.

"Um sorry about that. I kinda let my emotions get the best of me." I say shyly. Eda walks up behind Luz," You should be careful with that. If you let your emotions get the best of you than you'll transform." She points at my hands. I look down at my hands to see fur and claws. 

"Oh fu*k!" I shriek jumping up into the air. "This is bad, but intriguing. If I get angry, jealous, or any negative emotions than I'll transform. Ughhh this will be hard as hex!" I facepalm. Luz laughs a little at my reaction to the news. I feel a small smile grow on my face.

"I hope my misery makes you feel amused. " I say Luz just continues giggling. I wave at Eda and King who was on Luz's shoulder. I send Luz an apologetic smile,"I'm sorry about you know the fight, but hey we cleared somethings up. So I'll see you tomorrow at school. Than maybe we can actually have a proper Azura book club meeting." She sends me a smile with a quirked eyebrow. 

"I guess we can do that. And maybe I'll prevent people from flirting with me. After all, As hot as jealous Amity is I don't want you or anyone to get hurt. So yeah see yeah tomorrow Mittens." She winks when she says my nick name before planting a kiss on my forehead. My face flushed red from the complement. She gently pushes me over to my siblings before leaning on the door frame.

"See you tomorrow!" She waves at us. Em and Ed begin to walk the path. I stay back and look at Luz. She shakes her head in amusement before sending me a wink. Oh Luz is getting daring. I send her a wink of my own before rushing over to my brother and sister. I can't wait to see my mom.