Chapter 26

Amity's POV

The rest of the way to the owl house was silent. I didn't want to talk I was so worried about my mom and the twins. When we got to the owl house King was outside talking to some plushies. Cute.

"Oh dios mío eres tan lindo!" Luz squeals as she rushes up to King and picks him up. King struggles to get out of her grasp and eventually gives up.

"Hi Amity!" Willow says popping out of nowhere. "Where the hex did you come from." I say holding a hand over my heart trying to steady my heart beat. She laughs at my reaction before turning towards Boscha.

"Seriously where the hex did you guys come from?!" I shout playfully. Boscha shakes her head in amusement,"well if you didn't stare at Luz the whole time you would have noticed." My face burns red as I turn away trying to hide my face.

"Okay we should start setting camp up." Luz says walking over to us. I look around and see that everyone is there. Where the f*ck did Augustus come from?! I facepalmed before turning to Luz and following her towards the camping area. We walked down a little hill that had a small path that lead to the beach. We instantly set up camp.

"Willow, Boscha go collect some woods. Keep focused on the task don't even think of stopping to kiss each other." Luz says a smug look on her face. Boscha's face turns red and Willow send her a smirk,"same goes to you Lumity." Luz face goes bright red,"really that's what our ship name is" I glance at Augustus who had a confused expression before 'phong'

"Wait that's the last part of Amity's name. That means Luz tips Amity. Which makes incredible sense I bet anyone could top her."Boscha says crossing her arms. I look away,"I can top people it-it's just I do t want to top anyone right now."  Luz smirks,"yeah right. Anyway let's get to work." I pout at her answer which causes her to nudge me with a gentle smile. I couldn't help but smile the look on her face is absolutely adorable.

~time skip~

It was now nigh time and the stars had come out. I was reading a book near the warm fire that Luz had made. Boscha jumped over the log and sat to my right,"Amity stop reading we are on break." I ignore her and continue to read. Willow jumps over the log and sat to my left,"yeah it's almost as if all you know is to study and read have some fun." Gus stands in front of me,"yeah Amity losen up and join us."

"what we doing? Oh are we bothering Amity?" Luz says jumping over the log and sitting on my lap. I quickly wrap my hand her keeping her in place so she doesn't fall off. I ignore the growing blush on my face. She gives me a toothy grin while I give her a serious look in return. We heard a collections of 'aws' . I look away hiding a blush that was forming on my face.  Suddenly I get an Idea. I stand up Luz still in my arms. I walk over to the edge of the beach and start walking in deeper. This water is so freakin Cold! I look at Luz who was looking at me with a look she had before.

"I'm sorry for this." I whisper before dropping her into the water. I start laughing at her and failed to notice Luz grabbing my shirt. She pulls on the shirt and causes me to fall into the water. We were in shallow water so I landed on her pinning her down.

"Looks like I was wrong you can top someone." Luz says slyly,"to bad it isn't for long." She flips us and now I'm under her. I roll my eyes,"you couldn't give me this?" I whine she laughs at my reaction before flipping us again so I was on top.

"Happy now princess~" Luz says her voice smoky my face goes red. I quickly stand up and pull her out of the water. I quickly walk away trying to hide my face. I go into me and Luz's tent and quickly changed into something less wet. I walk back outside a towel in hand and walk over to Luz who was shivering by the fire. I wrap the towel around her grabbing a portion of the towel and trying to dry her hair.

"Well as cute as that is I'm really tired aren't you guys?" Boscha asks Augustus and Willow. They nods and quickly leave to there tents. I glance at Luz who had the same confused face. I shake my head in amusement before sitting down besides her.

"Hey I'm going to change real quick so I can show you something." Luz says standing up quickly before rushing towards our tent. A few minutes pass and she comes out wearing a long sleeved black and purple sweater and dark blue jeans. She runs past me grabbing my hand in the process and pulling me up. We walk down the shoreline until we reach a bunch of rocks that are getting splash by the water. She slowly climbs onto a dry rock helping me get into it. We just stood on top of the rock.

"So your actually shorter than me." Luz says laughing a little. "what no I'm not." I retort Luz laughs at my response,"yeah you are because right now you are shorter than me. also you normally have heels on you are not wearing heels." She says l crossing her arms feeling proud.

"Fine fine yes I am shorter than you." I say crossing my arms in fake annoyance turning away from her. She whines before hugging me from behind. "Don't be upset" I shake my head in amusement,"don't worry I was faking." I turn back to her. We sat down on the rock. She began telling me stories of when she would sneak to the beaches at her dimension.

"It really is beautiful." I whisper. I feel Luz place her hand in mine. I turn to look at her. She looked really nervous. She looked away taking a deep breath.

"Amity I wanted to tell you. T-that i... I love- I." She cura herself off and presses her lips to mine. The kiss was short but sweet. She pulled away before I could kiss her back.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I didn't - while I did I really wanted to kiss you-" Luz rambled on and on about the kiss. I sat there frozen. Luz just kissed me. Luz just kissed me! Omg Luz just kissed me!