Chapter 29

Luz POV

"The others should be getting Eda. We just have to distract him long enough." I inform the green haired witch besides me. He took a swing at Amity but she ducked under his arms and punched him in the side.

"You brat!" He turns around punching Amity in the stomach. His hand was a flame. He kept her in place and let the flame but her. He threw her at me. I quickly draw an ice glyph in front of me I pull Amity close towards me. Mr. Blight gets up and lunges at us. I stomp my foot on the glyph before backing away. The ice pillar shots up and rams into him. He flys into the sky and land into the sand with a loud thud.

"Why the hex didn't we do that earlier?! It would have been less painful" Amity says holding her side. "I guess your right but we needed to keep him busy." I say helping her sit on the floor and leaning her back against the rocks.

"Ugh hahahaha you think *cough* you think you can get this over with that easily" Mr. Blight staggers as he gets off the floor. I stand in front of Amity in a protective manner. I quickly draw a light glyph. I quickly activate it and pick up Amity I quickly duck behind the rocks and gently place her against the rocks.

"Ugh you brat! Where did you go!" Mr.Blight bellows as he tries to focus his eyes. I peek over the rock to see him throwing a temper tantrum. I look down towards Amity to see her trying to stand up.

"No. No. No. there is no way I'm letting you go. You have to stay here. Wait for Eda." I get up to distract the man but Amity tugs at my sleeve. I turn to look at her and feel familiar soft lips against mine. The kiss was sweet but short.

"Please be careful Luz." She whispers trying not to gain her father's attention. I give her a reassuring smile before sneaking to another rock. I draw an ice glyph and brake a chunk of it off. I pop up and throw a piece of it at the old git.

"There you are you piece of $h!t." He shouts I jump over the rock and dash towards him. He gets ready to punch me but I slide under him before kicking him in the balls. He falls face forward holding his groin.

"That's for Amity!" I say kicking sand in face. I quickly draw another ice glyph and wait for him to get close to me. He stands up and sprints towards me. I was about to move out of the way when he pulled me back I land on the glyph which launch's me and Mr.Blight into the air. He grabs me by my collar and forces me in between the ground and him. We both land in the sand with a loud thud. I felt all the air rush out of me. He stands up rigidly. The world was spinning I didn't think I would be able to move.

"Luz!" Amity shouts rushing out of her hiding place. I try to get her to stop but she doesn't care she just dashes towards me. Just when she was about to reach me the old fart pulled her away and threw her as far as he could. He turns back to me.

"I'll gut you like a fish." He whispers getting closer and closer,"you better be paying attention Amity because this!" He points at me,"this is what will happen to you and every distraction." He gives me a crooked smile. He casts an ice spell and freezes my hands together. Sugar honey ice tea! He cast another spell a laser like beam emits from his index finger. He slowly inches his finger closer and closer to my neck.

"Theodore!" Eda shouts from above. She fly's down and prepares a spell. Mr.Blight doesn't move his finger it stays mere inches away from my neck. I look around for a way to escape. Amity she was limping towards me. She gave me an apologetic smile. She better not. She lunges at her father. He falls back into the sand allowing me to get away. Eda quickly helps me away before going to help Amity.

"You filthy little B!tch I gave you everything. This is how you repay me." He shouts before slamming his daughter into the sand by the neck. He tightened his grip on her neck. She just glares at him. Eda swings her staff at him hitting him in the head. He falls down letting his daughter go. She gasps for air before moving away.

"I don't think that's how you treat your own daughter." Eda says pointing her staff at the old git a spell ready to be casted. One by one willow and the others(except Emira) came back.  They helped me get off the ground. I look towards Amity she was still on the ground holding her side. She quickly checked her side before covering it as if she was trying to hide it. Mr,Blight was cornered now by the most powerful witch on the boiling isles.

"See you soon."He sends Amity a wicked smile before casting a spell. A spell so big and bright that it hit everyone near him. Once the light had dies down I was able to focus my eyes again. We had all fallen to the ground. I slowly got up from the floor and I felt something weird about me. I decided to ignore it and went to check on Amity and Eda. Eda had started to sprout feathers. I look towards Amity to see that she had cat ears and tail. She was looking at the stars.good she's alive.

"Where did he go?"Boscha asks as she gets off the ground. As soon as Boscha got off the floor she rushed towards Willow. She helps Willow up. I see Amity shrug as she got off the floor. She looked at me confused and a surprised face.

"Um Luz." She points at my head before pointing behind me. I look. Whiny me to see a dark brown tail. It was wagging to. I jump into the air," whaza!" I look towards Gus to see him staring at my ears. look back towards Amity to see her looking at the ground in focus.

"That bastard! He speed up my curse." Eda shouted as she looked at her arms."looks like he cursed the rest of ya too." She gestured you me, Gus, Willow, and Boscha. She looked at Amity before saying,"oh yeah he speed yours up to. We have to get out of here and to the Owl house I can help you with your new curse Luz." We all nod before slowly making our way towards the owl house. So much for a small camp out.