Chapter 16

Amity POV

I feel Luz's eyes linger on me before closing the door. I had woken up at the last part of Luz's conversation. I couldn't fall back asleep so I get up from the bed and look around I turn to the wall and saw a picture of Luz and who looked like to be her mom. I swoon a little at how caring Luz is and how gentle she is.I didn't notice that the door was now open nor did I notice the smug look my sister had on her face.

"I wonder when you woke up mittens?" I tripped when I heard my sister's voice and fell with a loud thud onto the floor. I shakily got up from the floor to notice that my sister was laughing her arse off and Luz has accidentally slammed into the door.

"Oh my gosh Amity are you okay?" She says trying to stand up straight after her encounter with the door. I giggle slightly at how she was acting.

"The right question is are you okay?" I ask walking over to her and helping her stand up right. She sends me a small smile before looking me over.

"Okay you look okay, Em said she wanted to check on you again so she came back. I heard a thud and got worried." Luz says sheepishly as she rubs the back of her neck. I give her a smile of my own before glancing at Em. What did she want?

"Luz you should have seen her she was all swooning and sighing then she saw you picture." Em explains as she ruffles my hair. I bite my lip nervously as I hand Luz's picture to Luz.

"Your mom looks beautiful. I guess looks runs in the family." I say scratching the back of my neck. I thought she would be angry at me or disappointed for touching her stuff, but it was the opposite. She had a small smile as she remembered her mom.

"Yeah she is. She works so hard as a nurse. Sometimes she doesn't get home until late at night. I wish you could meet her. She would have liked you." Luz says placing the picture on the nightstand and grabs my hand. I give her a small smile my face flushed red.

"Em why did you come here?" I ask as I look away from Luz. Em looked disappointed when we stopped looking at each other.

"Oh it was because I wanted to make sure... I'm. It even going to try I wanted to bother you." Em says shrugging. I give her a confused but annoyed face. I shake my head at her antics before looking at Luz.

"Whoa! " Ed says as he slips past the door. He ran back to the room and said,"we got a problem. Dad wants us home. Now. All 3." I face palm and Em looks like she was ready to kill. Ugh I just wanted to be with Luz, damnit.

"Guess we have to go. Say your goodbyes Mittens and quickly dad wants us home as soon as possible." Ed says as he shoots Em a nervous look. He was holding back on information. I nod and look at Luz. She had the most saddest look on her face.

"I'll make sure to come back as soon as possible." I say rubbing circles on her hand. She smiles,"make sure to come back in the fourth day. I want to help with the curse." I nod and walk to the door. Luz in tow. At the entrance to the Owl house I say my goodbyes to king and Eda before walking with my siblings down the path.

We make it to our house in less than 15 mins. We open the door o our house and we're greeted with darkness and emptiness. Was he even here? I feel a looming presence behind us. I look over my shoulder to see Dad with his arms crossed. A wicked smile on his face.

"Welcome kids about time you got home. Now go upstairs to your rooms and stay there I'm having a guest over." He shoves us towards the stairs. I now had noticed he had a nice suit and tie. He looked good almost like the he was when he married mom. I walk to the stairs and towards my room. I silently said goodbye to Em and Ed wishing we could just hang out. I didn't know what to do now so I just picked up a random book and started reading.

~time skip~

"Ugh this book is stupid." I say throwing the book at the wall. I had been reading for almost 2 hours a stupid book about stupid rules. I hear a thud coming from downstairs. I open my door and sneak down the stairs. The thud came from the living room. I hid behind a wall before peeking past the corner to see my dad and a random woman. The random woman was kissing my dad and her hands exploring. I almost throw up but get cut off by me knocking off a vase. I rush to get it and successfully do so. Thank gods. I sneak upstairs trying not to alert my father. I don't even want to call him that. I rush to my room and close the door leaning against it. 

"He's cheating on mom. Mom does so many things for his sorry a$s and what he does is cheat on her. That bastered. I don't even mind if he hurts me anymore. He shouldn't hurt mom like that." I feel so many emotions that I don't know if I can control. I slick back the hair out of my face before walking to the bathroom. My dad...No he doesn't deserve that title...Theodore had added it to my room so He didn't have to see my face more often. I prepared for a bath but stopped once I glanced at the mirror. I looked into the mirror and studied myself Placing my hand on my chest. Unlike every other witch on the boiling isles I didn't have a Gem on my chest. I hadn't developed my powers right. I have them but they aren't fully there. Willow isn't half a witch... I am. I had lied to everyone about it. 

"Sorry Willow." I whisper before turning away from my mirror and finishing my bath.  Once I finished I got out of my room and saw Eda's little owl, Owlbert. I open the window for him and see that he had a note on his leg. I pulled it off before petting him on the head. He flew over to my shoulder before nuzzling into my cheek.

Dear Amity,

Hi! I couldn't really wait until tomorrow to talk to you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You know since your dad. Man Amity you have no Idea how hard keeping this promise is. All I want to do is punch the light out of him. On a happier note I made cup cake and want you to taste them. I'll try to save one for tomorrow. One more thing , Do you want to meet at the Library after school. We still have to begin our Azura book club. Anyway Goodnight and See you soon.

P.S. I don't know how to write letter :P

                                                                                                                           Love, Luz 

I smile at the letter before walking to my desk and writing a letter of my own. I tied it to Owlbert and give him one more pat on the head before  Opening the window for him. He hoots before flying in the direction of the owl house. After that I didn't really feel so upset. Thanks Luz.