Chapter 10

Amity POV

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I get in a sit up position and notice that I was in Em and Ed's room. I look around and notice that I'm not really wearing anything except bandages and dark pink leggings. I place my hand on my head trying to stop the room from spinning so much.

"Amity your awake. How do you feel?" Em asks rushing up to my side and placing a tray on the night stand. I try to remember what happened to me. Why was I in Em and Ed's room and why do I feel so so very tired.

"I guess I feel okay. What exactly happened?" I ask as I gently lay myself back onto the bed looking at the roof. Em didn't say anything for a little while before finally speaking," I.... We find you on the floor a couple of days ago. It must have been dad because um." She gestured to my neck. With that I stood up and ran to the nearest mirror. The whole room was spinning and my vision was going black so I leaned on the wall to take a quick breather before finally looking at the mirror.

"What the actual hell did that bastard do to me!" I whisper to myself as I trace my finger over my wounds. I had a black eye, Various dark purple bruises are on my jaw line, and I had various cuts on my body. My face was paler than usual. My eyes darker almost lifeless.Tears were ready to spill. Then a hard knock is heard at the door.

"Emira! Get your sister up. She must go to school today no excuses. " The bastard that did this to me yelled through the door. I flinch at his yell and fall backwards with a yelp. Em runs over to help me up. She helps me sit up before yelling back at the man," Yes father I'll wake her up now." She gently plays with my hair trying to calm me. I didn't notice till now how much I was shaking. His foots steps soon disappear.

"Come. We have to get you dressed. This is going to be painful sorry. But seriously we need to hurry. You missed about 3 days of school." Em says pulling out the rest of my uniform. I do a double take,"Wait I missed Luz's first day at school. No I was supposed to go with her. I can't believe that I missed it." I let out a dejected sigh before throwing myself on Em's bed.

"Yeah you did sorry. But to be honest you needed that rest. Dad was so upset when you came home later than usual and when you got back he had locked me in the closet. I had already sent Ed to find you and to keep you from getting home." Em explained as she helped me put on my uniform. She placed my cowl over my head.

"What about my hair? Were is my hair ties?" I ask looking around for them. Em gave me a small smile before saying," Ed took them he said you have a better chance at hiding your shiner there with your hair." I nod in understanding before another knock came to the door it was a lot more gentle.

"Em dad's on his way up and I have to tell you something important." Ed said frantically. Em runs to the door and opens the door. She looks him over before letting him in.,"Whats up? What is really important." Ed sighed trying to calm himself.

"Dad said he had placed a curse on you, Amity. He was talking to someone in the kitchen." When those words left Ed's mouth I can feel myself going pale. I stagger a little.

"I'm cursed. What is going to happen to me? What will happen to you when I transform?" I say putting a hand on my head trying to calm myself. Than it hit me.

"The owl Lady. the reason she is called the owl lady. I have to get to Luz." I say ready to run out the room when my father burst through the room. They forgot to lock the door. He grabs me by the collar.

"So you finally decide to get up huh. Get a move on." He throws me at the stairs before walking away. I run to the door with Em and Ed at my heel. We have to get to school. I have to see Luz. Speaking of the devil. She was sprinting the last couple of steps to get to hexside.

"Luz!" I shout trying to get her attention thankfully it did. She turned around just in time to see me slow down. Whoa the world is spinning so fast. My vision was soon covered in black spots with some minor stars. I trip and fell to the floor.

"Amity!" Em shouts as both Luz and herself run to my sides. I try to regain my focus. Try to see them.Trying to hear what they were saying. Slowly but surly I begin to see things better. I attempt to sit up, but my side begins to hurt. I huff and lay back down on the floor.

"Amity! are you okay?What happened to her?" Luz asked as she picked my head up and placed it on her lap.,"She was thinking for a little bit but she said your name and sprinted to the door she met dad on the way but she sprinted all the way here." Ed explained trying to catch his breath. I look up at Luz.

"I'm-I'm fine I need to get... to get to Eda." I say sluggishly as I stand up and lean on Luz. Em looks at the ground and her eyes go wide.,"Luz we have to get her somewhere safe. Dad isn't to far behind and um..." She points to the ground. I look at my stomach to see that the bandages had been bleed through.

"Oh look I'm bleeding." I say calmly as I point to myself. Luz's eyes go wide before gently picking me up bridal style. Luz looks down at her uniform,"Well I'll have to wash this again. Lets get her to Eda than you guys can explain it better." Luz started to run to the Owl house with Ed and Em close behind her. They got there quickly.

"Eda! Please help Amity." Luz shouts at the witch who was sitting on the couch chasing a sparkle pen. Luz gently placed me on the couch before turning to my siblings they started to talk but I wasn't really able to hear them.

"Kid. Look I'll use a healing spell but I'm not sure if it will work properly." Eda warned as she casts the spell on me. I kinda felt better as soon as she finished. "It will take a few hours for it to properly kick in so stay put I have to talk to your sister." I nodded slightly before closing my eyes to rest.

"How are you feeling?" Luz says gently as she runs her fingers through my hair. I open my eyes gently just to look at her. She smiles at me since I responded to her. I send her a weak smile.

"I have felt better." I silently say she kept on playing with my hair and for some reason I feel like a cat. It was silent for a moment,"Luz-" the said girl cut me off,"Em told me. She said your dad did this to you. Also said that after Ed told you about your dad cursing you, you immediately sprinted to find me. why?" I sigh as I look back to the roof.

"My dad cursed me. And I remembered that Eda had a curse and that maybe she can help me. And I also haven't gotten to see you. You can say I might have possibly missed you." I say my face going red. She just smiled at me before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I missed you too. Hey Amity . You said your dad did this to you?" Luz asked still playing with my hair. I nod slightly. She gives me one last smile before kissing me on the forehead and standing up. She says something to Eda before leaving. What is she doing?