Chapter 40

Luz POV

To say that the garden was beautiful would be an understatement. It was gorgeous not as gorgeous as the girl standing besides me but gorgeous nonetheless. 

"Here is a list of what you girls must do. I'll be over there catching up on some reading please be careful the plants that have fences around them shouldn't be touched." Lilith explains as quick as she can. She looks as if she wants us to finish up quickly. Amity glances at a flower behind a red fence. She better not be getting any ideas.

"If you need anything the supplies are in the shed over there. please be careful" Lilith says she gently ruffles Amity's hair before heading inside. I turn towards my girlfriend. She was looking at the flower again.

"You better not be thinking about touching that Amity." I warn she shoots me a small smile," don't worry I just thought I saw it looking at me." I look at the list and see wat the first task is: cut down the young fruit tree to one meter.

"Those are by the wall I'll go get the-" I cut her off,"nope sweet heart I'll get the trimming thingy you go on ahead." Amity seem reluctant before she went on ahead. I didn't want to leave Amity for to long so I quickly ran to the shed and grabbed what I needed. There were some beautiful yellow and red flowers near the shed. They seem to be following me. I was really tempted to touch it but it was surrounded by a red fence. Best behavior remember.

"Bye weird flowers." I say as I walk away from them. It took me a while but I was able to get to Amity. I handed her the trimmers. She seem to be nervous about something. I give her a concerned look.

"Thank you Luz. Let's begin." She said as she began to trim the fruit tree. It didn't feel like work it felt more like just hanging out while doing something with our hands. We where almost done when Amity once again spoke up.

"I'm going to head to the bathroom." Amity says as she puts down the trimmers. I put mine down too," I actually need to go too." We begin to walk over to Lilith. When she noticed us she closed her book and placed it down.

"Can we use the bathroom?" I ask knowing all to well that how Amity feels about interacting with teachers. Lilith nods and leads us down a hall and points out the bathroom.

"You guys know your way back right?" She asks Amity nods with a small smile on her face. I gesture for her to use the bathroom first. She gives me a thankful smile before heading into the bathroom. I wait by the door for my turn. I was able to get a good look around the hall. There were various paintings. One of them was of a younger Eda and Lilith. Another was about there parents.

"Um L-Luz?" Amity says through the door,"yes Amity." I hear her let out a shaky sigh," are you okay?" Amity sighs again," Um I'm k-kinda bleeding so I-I need something in my bag can you get it for me?" I push myself off the wall knowing all to well why she is bleeding,"ok where is it?" She doesn't speak for a moment," by the wall."

"Ok I'll be right back." I rush outside towards the wall. I notice Amity's bag on the floor. I quickly take it and rush back to my girl. I knock on the door and place the bag on the floor. I make sure to turn away from her and look at the wall.

"I'll wait out here for you. " I whisper as I lean against the wall again. A few seconds later Amity came back out of the bathroom face red,"um thank you I'll wait outside getting a head start on the work." Amity places a kiss on my cheek as a thank you.  I give her a nod before heading to the bathroom.

Once I finish and head outside. I see Amity working. She looked tired. Wow even when she
Is  as tired as hell she looks amazing. I give her a look of concern when she winces in pain. I begin my work but keeping a close eye on her.

"Ami, love are you okay?" I ask as I slow down my working speed. Amity looks at me with a strained smile,"yeah I'm ok just a little tired. The list says we need to water them can you please get the watering cans?" Amity says placing the trimmers on the ground. I really didn't want her to be all alone.

"Luz I'm okay for real. Just go and get the necessary objects. I want to finish this quickly." Amity says playing with a small portion of her hair. I reluctantly nod before placing a quick kiss on her cheek,"I'll be back as quick as I can." I dash to the shed. I try to ignore the weird flowers that keep following me. I got the watering can and filled it with water. I make my way to we're I last saw Amity to see that she was sitting on the floor head tossed back and panting. I quickly place down the watering can and made my way over to her.

"Amity... hey i'm here. I'm going to go get Lily okay. She'll know what to do. I'll be back soon don't worry hun." I say as I tuck a small amount of hair from her face. I crease her face before placing a kiss on her forehead. I quickly get up and head towards Lily.

"Ms. Lilith Um Amity is not really feeling well." I explain . Personally I think it's the moon cycle . The moon cycle is the witch name for period. Eda was on her moon cycle earlier this month and had explained it to me when she snapped at me. I lead Lily to where Amity last was. Lily rushes over to Amity and knelt down besides her.

"She didn't touch the Rhododendron?" Lily asks as she checks Amity over. In the distance I could see the beautiful but deadly flower. Amity shakes her head at her teacher's question. Lily looks at me excepting me to tell her what's going on. She glares at me as if I had kicked her puppy.

"I think it has something to do with her moon cycle." I say as walk towards Amity and pull her into a loose hug. She leans into me eyes closed just laying there listening to my heart beat.

"Oh ok Let's take her inside." Lily says I slowly get up and carry Amity bridal style,"I can walk you know." I shake my head,"sorry princess I want you to be as Comfortable as can be." I carry Amity inside and lay her down on the couch. I run my hand through her hair before standing up.

"Ms. Lily I'll go water the plants while you help Amity I want to work on the list for a little." I explain as I place a gentle kiss on Amity's forehead. I walk back outside and prepare to work twice as hard. I want to finish this not only for me but also for Amity.