Chapter 35

Amity's POV

I glance at my teacher. She had bags under her eyes, her hair was disheveled, and she looked as if she's as going to hurl at any moment. Ms.Eda looked extremely worried about her sister.

"Um girls do you mind heading upstairs please." Más. Eda asks. Luz gives her a small nod before taking my hand in Hers and leading me upstairs. She heads to the closet. She comes back a little while later wearing a purple shirt with the words bad girl coven and a picture of Eda. She had dark blue short shorts on.

"Go a head and change I'll be in the bathroom." Luz says heading towards the door. I quickly change out of my own clothes and change into the light blue shirt. I sit down waiting for Luz who has yet to return. I sneak out of the room and begin my search for Luz. I walk down stairs to see Luz frozen in front of the kitchen door.

"Luz are you okay?" I whisper placing my hand on her shoulder. She held her finger to her lips in a shushing manner. I do as I'm told after a while I was able to hear what my mentor was saying. I fell myself freeze up. Luz takes my hand in hers.

"It's like the I keep getting tired and tired every day. The pain is intermittent." My.Clawthrone say,"always appearing when you least expect it." Ms. Eda says,"I used to think it had something to do with my curse. You're not cursed are you?" I step back and accidentally knock over a toy sword. It clattered against the floor. I yank on Luz's hand and try to get her to move upstairs. We rush upstairs and head to Luz's room. Luz paces around the room.

"I've heard of those symptoms before. Oh that's it they have a thing called Arthritis. You can manage it but it's incurable." Luz says throwing herself down on the bed.,"how do you know that?" I ask slowly laying besides her. She opens her arms as if asking for a hug. I slowly curl myself and wrap my around her.

"My mom had this book filled with different health problems and temporary sickness. One day I decided to read it." Luz explains as she runs her fingers through my hair. "Maybe we should tell them about it so they know what it is." I look up at her,"are you sure they might be upset especially since we were eavesdropping."

"But it might help them." Luz whispers looking away from me.  I cup her face and bring her attention towards me,"fine we'll tell them I really want to help as much as you do." I place a soft kiss on her nose. A small smile forms on her face.

"Good night Ami." Luz whispers pulling me closer to her. I nuzzle closer to her before letting sleep take over.

~the next morning~

"Hey... Amity wake up." I slowly open my eyes to see Luz creasing my face with a gentle look on her face. "Morning Beautiful." Luz says gently as she tucks a stray piece of hair from my face. I noticed that she was no longer wearing her pajamas instead she was wearing her signature purple and white sweater.

"Breakfast is ready downstairs. Eda,Lily, and king are already downstairs." She informed me. "Go one get ready for the day I'll wait for you downstairs." She places a kiss on my forehead before heading down stairs. I rush to the bathroom and prepare for the day. I walk downstairs and sit next to Luz. Ms.Clawthorne looked exhausted but looked better than yesterday.

"Good morning. How are you feeling Ms. Clawthorne?" I ask taking Luz's hand in mine. Ms.Clawthorne gave me a reassuring smile,"I'm doing much better thank you." Luz pushes a plate with a flat circular object on it,"it's a pancake. It taste good trust me." I cautiously poke it with a fork before taking a small bite. It was sweet but not overwhelming sweet. I ate about half of it before feeling as if I can't eat anymore. Luz ruffled my hair a little before taking the plate.

"Hey king can you go outside please I need to talk to Eda." I hear Luz whisper to king. King nods before dashing outside. Luz sits next to me.

"Hey guys so *clears throat* um we accidentally heard your conversation last night. Um I read in my mom's medical books that what you have is Arthritis it's not curable but manageable." Luz explains as she fidgets with her fingers. Eda looked really annoyed. I feel myself shrink back at her intense gaze. I glance at Ms. Clawthorne to see that her gaze was twice as intense.

"We didn't mean to eavesdropping. I was going to the bathroom and might have accidentally fallen down the the stairs I heard you guys talking." Luz says silently I spoke up,"we froze and We didn't know what to do. We just wanted to help you." I feel there gazes on is not once leaving us.

"I swore off saying these words but go to your room." Eda says sternly pointing towards the stairs. Luz looked annoyed at this but complied. I followed suit not lifting my gaze from the floor. We reach Luz's room and try to prepare for any punishment. Luz was sitting in her bed and I was sitting on the floor not feeling worthy of sitting in comfort. I sat there thinking over what had happened before I got here.

~flashback-

I was practicing my element spells. Trying to get the hang of summoning ice but every time it would turn into water. I glance over my shoulder to see Ms.lilith sitting at a bench eyes closed. She had come to pick me up today. She looked really tired when she did.

"Amity please focus. Your not thinking about HER again are you?" She asked a hint of amusement in her voice when referring to the human girl who is always on my mind. "What no of course not." I quickly reply before trying to focus.

I continued practicing for about an hour. Ms. Clawthorne had now stood up to get a better look at my casting. I drew the ice spell to see that it wasn't working. I give a loud sigh of frustration. I try to do it one more time and fail yet again my focus wasn't on the spell it was on my mentor. She was leaning on her staff a lot more than usual.

"Miss.Blight come here." She said quietly. I walk towards her not completely sure how to help her. The sun had begun to sink into the horizon. "You know how to fly a broom right?" She asks leaning on me slightly. I didn't really care I wanted to help her she was far more of a mother than a teacher. I give her a small nod.

"Good I need you to fly me to my house." Ms.Lilith says looking as if she could faint at any point in time.i shake my head,"it's to far I know a place but you better promise not to give away the location." She nods her head. I quickly help her on to the staff before flying in the direction of the owl house.

~end of flashback~

"Luz! Amity! Come down here!" Eda shouts from downstairs. I stand up from the floor and head towards the door. Luz follows behind me a little hesitant. We go downstairs and sit on the couch. Eda and Ms.Lilith sit in front of us with a worried yet stern look on their faces.

"Thank you girls for worrying, but you have put yourselves in danger. If anyone is to figure out that you know information about our health then they can use you to wound us." Ms.Lilith says before letting Eda speak," I'll be stepping up my teaching game and teach you some more spells." Eda gestures towards Luz. "Your hearts were in the right places but now your in danger. Despite that we thank you for worrying but since you both eavesdropped you will be punished." Me.Lilith says. I glance over to see Luz she was less tense then she was a while ago.

"After school tomorrow you'll both be helping me with the stand and after that you'll both help me with delivering packages." Eda says I give her a firm nod accepting our punishment. "On the weekend you'll both be helping me with my garden." We both nod our heads in understanding. Eda glances at her sister before placing her hand on Luz's shoulder,"come on kid I want to show you something." Luz looks at me I give her a small nod before she stands up and walks with Eda.

"Miss.Blight we need to talk." Ms.Lilith says. I fell myself stiffen at the words. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior the day you got back to school. I was really stressed and took it out on you." She sits next to me. I didn't know exactly what to do. I'm not emotionally intelligent.

"I'm truly sorry I shouldn't have yelled at you. Your mother told me about what happened with your father." I cut her off," he is no father of mine." I spit with venom. "Your mother wants me to take as much care for you and your siblings as I can. After all she'll be going to a meeting and needs all the help she can get." She places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"It would be like having 2 moms." I accidentally say out loud rather than in my head. I hear her stifle a small laugh before standing up. I follow suit and stand up.

"Now let's go see what my sister is up to." She says we both head to the door.  I think about the punishment for a while. Thinking of how hard it might be. Or how fast it can be done. Maybe the punishment won't be too bad.