Chapter 41

Amity POV

I watch as Luz walks outside. I want to go help her. I want to be with my Luz. I hate my moon cycle it makes me twice as touch starved. Ms. Lilith walks into the room with a cup of tea. She hands it to me gently helping me drink some of it.

"It's ginger tea it helps. Has anyone talked to you about your moon cycle?" She asks as she gently puts the cup on the table. I shake my head," no Mom was away and Em was sick." I look at the ceiling feeling extremely cozy. Like all I want to do was cuddle up to something.

"Hm ok. It's best to put something warm on your stomach when you have cramps it makes things better." She explains before standing up. She heads to the kitchen. She comes back out with something wrapped in a red towel. She hands it over to me. I gently places it on my stomach. I hug it closer at the warmth.

"Here lets go to the kitchen you must be hungry." She leads me to the kitchen and motions for me to sit on the stool. She had begun to make some sandwiches.

"I'll go get Luz." She leaves and goes on a short search for my girlfriend. Girlfriend I love the sound of that. I hug the red thing tighter as I drink a little bit of the tea. Luz walks into the kitchen and sits next to me. She had some dirt on her face and clothing.

"How you feeling,Ami?" Luz asks gently placing her hand on mine. I send her a smile,"I'm better than I was before." I gently rub the dirt of her cheek before bopping her on the nose. Ms.Lilith places a glass of spike apple juice on the table. Luz looks at the drink before downing it. We really need to talk about that. She places the glass back on the table almost empty.

"Wow it taste like a Granny Smith. Oh sandwiches may I?" Luz says rapidly Ms.Lilith nods and with that Luz grabs a sandwich and takes a bite. She glances at me a little worried. She split the sandwich into tiny piece. She eats half of the piece and gestures for me to eat.

"Luz I'm not so sure. "I begin she draws a circles on my hand,"just a little. You can eat just one tiny piece." I give in to her request and eat only the smallest piece. She smiles at me for the attempt. She places a kiss on my forehead before eating another piece of the sandwich.

"Sorry for asking but why is it that you don't eat that much Amity?" Ms.Lilith asks gently placing a slice of cake in front of Luz,"she was taught that eating is a privilege by her dad. I'm trying to help her eat again." Luz explains for me standing up and wrapping her arms gently around my waist. Ms.Lilith gave me a look of concern.

"Ok I'll go get something real quick finish up with your drinks. I'll call Eda it looks as if you had enough punishment for today." Ms.Lilith  says before heading towards the patio. Luz just stands there arms wrapped around me in a comforting manor. She pulls away to pick up her cup when she accidentally drops it. With a sicking crash the cup breaks.

"Oh come on I said. Was going to be on my best behavior." Luz heats on all four and tries to pick up the glass,"Luz it's fine-" Luz cuts me off,"don't worry I'll be careful - Crap!" I look down to see that Luz had cut herself on the glass. There were various tiny piece of glass on her hand and one giant one was digging into her palm. She bit her lip holding back a cry of pain.

"Luz" I get down to her level and pull away the giant glass I place it back on the floor. I draw a spell circle and the tiny glass pieces get surrounded in a magnet glow. They float out of her hand and go back to the floor. There was one last piece of glass in her palm.

"What happened I heard something break." Ms.Lilith says as she rushes into the room. Luz got scared and tried to stand up rapidly. She ended up slipping on the juice and banging her head on the stool.

"Oh my gosh Luz!" I rush to her side. Sheba's her eyes closed trying to hold back tears of pain,"well that hurt" she said surprisingly calm I help her sit down on the stool. Ms.Lilith grabs an ice pack and places it on her head.

"Amity can you hold the ice pack please I need to wash the wound out." Ms.Lilith says I give her a nod and place the ice pack on Luz's head. Ms.Lilith grabs a wet towel and starts cleaning out the wound. I take Luz's hand in mine in comfort as she hissed in pain.

"Sorry Luz But this might sting a little more." Ms.Lilith says as she begins to put ointment on it. Luz's grip on my hand becomes tighter. I start to rub circles on her hand. She lets her grip loosen. Ms.Lilith begins to wrap a bandage around her hand. I pull Luz's hood over her head keeping the ice pack in place. A knock rang around the house.

"Here have some cake while I get the door." Ms.Lilith pushed two plates of cake towards us.  It had vanilla frosting with whip cream and a strawberry. I stare down at the cake not really wanting to eat any of it. I feel Luz take my hand.

"Remember you can eat it if you want. don't push yourself." She reminds as she draws a heart shape on my hand. I gently push the plate away from me leaning my head on Luz's shoulder.

"Lilith what did you to her?!" Eda says as she rushes up to Luz," I'm ok Eda. It was my fault. I just cut myself on glass and accidentally hit myself on the head. Lilith tried her best to help me." Eda runs her hand through Luz's hair until she found a bump," I'm ok I promise."Luz says looking up at her teacher. Eda gently creases her hair before pulling the ice pack back on her head and pulling her hood up.

"All right you should really be careful, Luz." Eda says before turning towards me," Amity you'll be turning soon. We better get a move on." She ruffles my hair a little. She faces her sister,"you can come too if you want I know how lonely it gets in here." Ms.Lilith sighs before nodding. And with that we begin to walk to the door. Luz's hand in mine.