sixteen

The Chimera was not in Lisa's list of monsters she wishes to defeat yet there it was, running after the boy they just tried to save a few hours ago - or was it yesterday? Lisa wasn't really sure what time it was at the moment.

Soobin frantically pulled Lisa up, not knowing that the girl has been limping for the past hour. However, with adrenaline rushing through them, the pair had only just a little problem running away.

"What are you doing here?!" Lisa yelled at the boy beside her while they were running

"This whatever took me when I followed that man towards the forest. Its been trying to hurt me but it can't." Soobin yelled out his answer too, breathing heavily after

Lisa took a quickly glance of what Soobin was wearing, something he wasn't wearing when they saved him. And then she recognized it - it was the Nemean lion's thick pelt turned to a cape. "Jungkook gave you this before you followed Mr. D?"

Soobin nodded, "Can you run a little faster?"

The older girl knitted her eyebrows, remembering someome with that same attitude. Did he go to the maze to save me?

Soobin and Lisa turned right before the Chimera finally was seconds before it caught up with them. Closing her eyes shut for a few seconds, Lisa knew that she really had to face the monster on her own.

The Chimera has the head of a lion, the body of a goat, a blood-caked mane, and a ten-foot-long diamondback snake-headed tail which grows out of its shaggy behind. It has a deadly venom when it bites, and also breathes fire.

That was all Lisa can remember about the monster. Shaking her head, she tried to remember what more Namjoon taught her. When she got nothing more, she opened the nearest door from where they were standing and said, "Just hide in there."

"Wait. I-" Soobin said, getting his cape off of him. "This," he gave her the cape, "You'll need it."

Lisa almost hugged him in gratitude but she got hold of herself quick as the Chimera was closing in on them.

"Thank you." She was about to close the door again when Soobin held her left shoe. She looked back at the scared boy.

"Please come back. I really have no idea what's going on in here."

Lisa could only nod in response, preventing herself from crying as she too felt clueless as to why they were brought in this labyrinth.

Closing the door, she wore the cape and reminded herself to get back to the boy after she finished the Chimera - that's if she manages to kill it.

The Chimera stopped a few feet away from her, walking from Lisa's left and right as if checking her appearance.

She was about to run towards the back of the Chimera, aiming to at least wound its tail but the monster breathed out fire, causing her to stumble down.

When she stood up, she ran away a little further to see if she can a path where she can get more things she can use to protect herself from the deadly Chimera.

Turning right, she saw a new door, fully open yet quite dark inside. She stumbled to her feet, reaching out to that room until she finally got in, with the Chimera following her.

Lisa stood against the wall, hiding herself once again to another monster as she waited for the Chimera to breathe fire for her to completely see what was inside the room. She saw how the Chimera stood just outside the room, finding her.

The Chimera then let out fire from its mouth, just like what Lisa expected it would do. Then she saw what room was in - a room full of machinery, where tons of unused machines were left behind by someone.

Lisa's heart rushed as she calculated her next move. With the Chimera breathing out fire again, she knew what exactly needed to do but still, she needed something to distract the monster. When she noticed that the Chimera was standing against her, she quickly grabbed something that was closest to where she was hiding until she got one. As she raised the thing she grabbed, she now realized that it was a spear. Lisa examined the spear she was holding; the pole was just made of hardwood and its sharp end was white in color although it still gives off how long it was already left untouched, also, it's a lot heavier and softer than common spears made of silver. Lisa quickly understood why the spear looked like that; the spear's end was made of lead.

She was supposed to let go of the useless spear but the Chimera already found where she was, its snake-headed tail about to reach her until she used the spear to stab it. The Chimera's lion-head growled in pain, spitting out fire and melting what was left inside the room. Lisa took her chance to finally get out of the room, with the now useful spear in her possession - it was better than her knife at the moment since she can't really attack the monster in close combat.

And so she waited, a plan already inside her head. She remembered one thing that Jisoo told her before she helped the boys defeat the Nemean lion - it was to find the monster's weakness, they always have their weakness, and use it against them. In her case right now, she could only think of what her friends did during their first unofficual quest.

The Chimera got out of the room a few seconds after before someone yelled out, "Lisa!"

As a reflex when hearing her name when someone calls her, Lisa looked back and smiled. It was her friends.

Lisa was distracted by the two newcomers that she forgot that she was facing a monster. It wasn't until she saw the boy shoot his arrow on the Chimera, and the girl chanting one of her spells that she remembered what her plan was.

"Guys! I have a plan!" she yelled as the two finally stood beside her, wide grins on their faces.