twenty-four

Apollo brought Taehyung inside the mansion. From the patio, the first room they'll be in was the living room. Since the others were outside, Apollo decided he'll talk to the boy in the said room, closing the huge glass door just to make sure no one will hear them.

The son of Hermes successfully managed to hide his anxiousness by maintaining a straight face. He almost flinched when Apollo gestured to him to sit on the couch beside him. When Apollo turned his head back to check on the others outside one last time, Taehyung heaved a heavy sigh in an attempt to calm himself.

Satisfied with their setting, Apollo now started his main purpose of bringing them here.

"So, Taehyung, is it?" Apollo asked, making his voice sound a little deeper. Taehyung nodded. "And you're Jisoo's boyfriend?"

Taehyung instantly waved his hands in denial. "I'm not her boyfriend.. Uhm, sir." He mustered up his courage to finally look at the god sitting beside him. That was when he realized that Apollo has yellowy to orangey orbs, like the sun's.

"Then you're courting her?" Apollo assumed as he continued to intimidate Taehyung.

"No.." Taehyung answered softly then closed his eyes tightly, thinking of whether he should just tell Apollo the truth or not. Before Apollo could speak again, he managed to say, "Not yet, actually.. uh, sir." It was awkward, how Taehyung can't decide what to call the god. Nonetheless, Apollo just smiled at him fondly.

"Screw it." Apollo said and chuckled, making Taehyung furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "I was just trying to sound like an intimidating father. I wanted to try what mortals do when their daughters have suitors."

"Okay?" Taehyung smiled nervously, not sure what to say. "Anyway," he gulped, "Thank you for saving Jisoo, Lord Apollo. We were already panicking until you came."

Apollo shook his head, grinning. "It's my job to heal, and she's my daughter. Though I should have arrived a little earlier. She lost a lot of blood, you know?" Taehyung nodded, remembering how he carried Jisoo.

What is it with him and carrying a bleeding Jisoo?

"She's going to wake up anytime soon. You can visit her now if you want." Apollo said.

Taehyung stared at his shoes, contemplating what he'd say next. Then he decided to just tell him, at least make the god feel what he wanted to feel.

"Lord Apollo," Taehyung licked his lips, nervous. "I.. I want to ask for your blessing."

"My blessing?" asked Apollo. There was a lot of stuff Apollo could think of as a blessing. Looking at the boy, he figured he could give him one, a guitar at least - Taehyung's looks could pass as an idol anyway. But what surprised Apollo was that Taehyung actually asked him for a blessing. "Sure. I guess? I'll send a guitar to your cabin."

Taehyung's mouth formed an O, panicking as he realized the god misunderstood his words. He shook his head. "That's not what I meant. I just.. I want to ask if you're fine with me courting your daughter. She hasn't seen her mother for a long time already so I couldn't ask for her blessing. But since you're here..."

A wide smile crossed Apollo's youthful face. He didn't expect that Taehyung would ask for his blessing as a father, he even thought that the boy would let his little act slip and just get back to his friends after he explained his side to him. "Of course," he finally said, "You have my blessing." Then Apollo switched to his Intimidating Father mode on again. "But once I see you hurt her or even plan to hurt her, you're going to pay. I'll look into your future and see if my daughter's crying because of you."

Taehyung gulped. When a mortal father says those words to a suitor, a guy could think of it as just empty threats. But when a god says those words, a half-blood would know damn well that he could really end up in Tartarus.