ten

Most of Artemis’ hunters got injured with monsters simultaneously attacking them and other demigods from any direction of Camp Half-Blood’s forest. The goddess saw how three carnivorous horses took Abigail, Wendy, and Jennie away from her group and into an entrance underneath – the labyrinth. She tried to follow them yet different monsters kept on coming, until she realized how disadvantaged they were.

“Fall back! Take any injured demigods and get out of the forest!” Artemis yelled, to which her huntresses followed.

After what seemed to be a long time, they managed to get out of the forest, where demigods, specifically, Hecate’s children, used their magic to build another invisible shield that separates the forest to the whole camp. Artemis remembered two of her most skilled hunters, and immediately went to the Big House, where she knew the only boy who’s more than willing to help her find them.

“Jennie got captured. I need your help.” Artemis said, eyes locked on the son of Poseidon.

Jimin, despite his body still feeling weak, jolted from his bed, eyes widened from what Artemis informed. “Jennie? What happened?”

“Monsters kidnapped demigods, and apparently, hunters too.” Jungkook said, sounding disheartened with the news that the goddess of the Hunt herself gave them.

“I know you’ll help me.” Artemis sounded a bit desperate, “My hunters need some healing too. I can’t bring them all inside the labyrinth.” 

On cue, demigods and hunters came inside the inside the infirmary, each of them holding one or two injured person. After some time, Seulgi and Baekhyun, Apollo’s Head counselor, came in with a heavily injured Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung!” Namjoon exclaimed when he saw his sibling unconscious. “A hellhound bit him when he tried protecting Seulgi, he just lost consciousness.” Baekhyun explained, before calmly addressing concerns of demigods and hunters who need help.

The rest of the children of Apollo helped inside, while Jisoo and Hoseok got dragged outside by their friends with Artemis.

“We need to help in-“ Hoseok started to say, but when he noticed that his sibling was quiet, he shut up. He wanted to be with his sister, no matter what.

“We need to gather the council to talk about this.” Artemis told the group of demigods, counting them, “This group should do it, together with five of my hunters.” 

“Actually, can I join?” a familiar voice chimed in from behind Taehyung, who immediately turned his head around to see someone he doesn’t want to see.

“Jin?” asked Jisoo, shocked that a son of Aphrodite, where most demigods who don’t want to participate in any training, asked to join them. 

“What is your name, boy?” Artemis asked Jin, her face stoic.

“Seokjin, son of Aphrodite.” Jin confidently answered the goddess, “If this is the rescue team, I want in. My sister’s inside the labyrinth too. 

“Who?” Chaeyoung asked in concern

“Irene.” Jin eyed Taehyung before looking back at the goddess. “I need to save my twin sister.”

Artemis sighed. “Head to the Rec Room. I’ll call Chiron and Mr. D.” 

Inside the Rec Room, a ping pong table was placed in the middle where each cabin counselors and the camp directors gather around for meetings. However, at this time, Artemis, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and the camp directors were the ones having a meeting.

“You lot have to split up.” Chiron told them, “It’s easier to find the missing demigods and hunters that way.” 

“Someone must be behind all of this.” Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, thinking hard. “To think that these monsters attacked the camp before winter solstice, a time when more than half of the campers go to their homes for break.”