twenty

The best friends soon found out that they somehow walked themselves to Texas after talking to the three-chested man sitting on a couch while the two of them stood, still alert.

"I'm Geryon, by the way. I suppose you two already know a lot about me." Geryon raised his chin up while crossing his beefy legs as he tried to look confident and powerful in front of the two demigods. "So? Is my guess right? You're here for Eurytion's half-sister?"

"Eurytion?" Taehyung asked, the name sounding familiar to him.

"Ares' son, Eurytion. He's the one managing this place with you?" Jimin said, certain of his knowledge about Eurytion and if Geryon said that the demigod with him is Eurytion's half-sister, then he's 100% positive that Jennie's just a few steps away from him.

"Oh, right, Ares' son." Taehyung smiled sheepishly. Right then and there, he internally swore that he'll listen to Namjoon and the other Athena kids teaching him about mythology. He considered swearing on the River Styx but he's not ready for such commitment yet, especially if the consequence of slacking off studies meant he'll be tortured beyond belief.

Moving on, Geryon gave them a challenging look, one that clearly meant that he thought of something to mess with the demigods and at the same time, benefiting from them. "Oh, Eurytion can't handle this place even if I'm with him. I'm the only one capable of taking care of the Triple G Ranch, so no thanks to that big guy. Good thing he's not here to interfere."

Jimin balled his fists, annoyed at how one monster just discredited one of the God of War's sons just like that. Personally, Jimin sees Ares campers strong enough; what more if he's an immortal who has all his time to train? "Just what are you planning, old man?"

Surprised with Jimin's words, Geryon chuckled indignantly and stood up to feel superior, seeing that he's a little taller than the younger boys. "How dare you call me an old man? I only look like I'm in my mid-40's." Geryon slit his eyes at the two then shifted his gaze to Jimin. "You remind me of that girl. It's time to clean the stables." The human faced monster held the arms of the demigods, pulling them towards the back door of the small house. "I expect that place to at least be half clean before that girl got eaten by my horses."

The two boys let Geryon pull them with him since they'll be reunited with Jennie - that was their goal, after all. They both looked at each other, trying to see what the other was feeling. Taehyung grinned at Jimin behind Geryon's back as he saw his best friend smiling at him too. They knew Jennie too well - she's not one to die easily, the girl's a well-trained hunter and a daughter of Ares and that's enough reason for the both of them to believe in their friend.

It took them about two minutes before they finally reached the stable. Under a tree a few feet from the entrance of the stable, a tired Jennie was taking her break from cleaning.

To Geryon's disappointment, his grip around Taehyung and Jimin's arms tightened before pushing them on the ground. "You're still alive," Geryon said, looking at Jennie with contempt, "It's always Ares and his kids annoying me. And Poseidon's children too. Hercules still gets into my nerves." Taehyung caught Jimin's eyes again, his friend only shrugging at Geryon's rants.

Jennie stood up after she heard Geryon's voice but what woke her spirit up was the sight of her friends. She never thought it would be Taehyung or Jimin to be the ones who'll find her. She at least thought it would be Artemis or the daughter of Apollo - the girl who caught her Lady's eyes.

"Jennie!" Taehyung greeted their friend with his boxy smile. He would have hugged her but the stench from the stables and the ones that stuck with Jennie's clothes grossed him out.

Jimin only found himself smiling at the girl, glad that she's alright even when she's alone. Before the quest, he was sure that he'd hug her once he sees her, but now that she's in front of him, he didn't even have the urge to do so.