seventeen

Chaeyoung was reading her book of spells when the boy beside her groaned in frustration for the third time. Closing her little book loudly, enough for her companion to flinch a little, she shot him a glare. "Just what are you groaning about, Hoseok?"

"I'm bored." Hoseok pouted. "You've been reading that book for almost an hour now, Chaeng!"

"So?" Chaeyoung asked sarcastically. "I'm just trying to prepare myself before we face a monster!"

"Our whole group knows you're the best daughter of Hecate in your cabin. So come on, talk to me before I start talking to myself."

She rolled her eyes at him before she placed her book of spells, her only weapon inside the labyrinth, inside her sling bag. "Fine, say whatever's in your mind then."

"Finally!" Hoseok exclaimed but frowned before saying his question, "You think my sister's okay?"

"You saw your best friend pull her back before she's become one with the walls, right?" Chaeyoung asked him, "Yoongi won't let anything bad happen to your sister, don't worry."

"But Jisoo's a little.. unpredictable sometimes. She's like - I hate to say this but - she's like Taehyung, but I guess in just a mild way."

"They're funny in their own way, I know. That's why those two get along well with each other." Chaeyoung smiled.

"Now what do you think about Taehyung?"

Chaeyoung scrunched her nose, though she expected that Hoseok will segue their conversation with that topic. "What about him?"

"You see him flirting with my sister, don't you?"

"Yes. And?" she asked, not sure where their conversation was going.

"Do you think he's changed? Like, for the better."

"Of course, he's changed." Chaeyoung said, "Not sure if it's for the better though. He still pranked some of Mr. D's children last summer though."

"What happened?" asked Hoseok

"You know Jackson Wang, right?" Hoseok nodded. "After his party of the year last week, Taehyung pranked him into making him invite his own dad. You know how Mr. D loves parties but hates his own children partying inside the camp without asking permission from him and Chiron first. Plus the fact that even when he's the god of wine, he's not allowed to drink that because of Zeus punishing him and all."

"How did he get Jackson to invite Mr. D without him knowing?"

"Taehyung told him that he'll invite someone who's pretty famous at parties, and called him the Life of the Party every time he's in one. He asked Jackson if he could give him a written invitation for that specific person, the party boy got so stoked that he followed Taehyung without questioning him."

"He gave the invitation to Mr. D?!"

"Yeah, in person!" Chaeyoung answered, still finding it hard to believe what Jimin told her about his friend's prank. "Mr. D got so mad, he thought his children were mocking him for being unable to drink wine and party more often. So that's why Taehyung got stuck by grape vines during Capture the Flag. Taehyung got so mad at Jackson for making their own team lose but he really can't do anything about it cause it's his fault."

"What did the others do that time?" asked Hoseok

"What do you think?" Hoseok couldn't think of an answer. "The were laughing at Taehyung. They're counting only on Jisoo to be the one to get him out of that pole but your sister didn't even bat an eyelash on him. I'd like to assume that because of how Jisoo treated him that time, that was Taehyung's last major prank."