nineteen

Jungkook gave Namjoon a thumbs up to boost his morale when answering the game. He wanted to bring Soobin next to them but the Sphinx yelled at him to just sit in his place.

"Let's start the game show now!" Sphinx said happily, proud at her own invented show. She handed Namjoon a questionnaire, bubble sheet and a pencil. "Encircle your answers."

Namjoon nodded in response.

"Which band has won over the most daesangs?" Namjoon read the first question in the paper. "BTS!" he instantly answered, though he got confused after it.

Beside him, Jungkook took a look at the paper and spoke the words that he's been thinking, "That's not even a riddle!"

"Quiet down, bunny boy. I run this game show!"

Jungkook slumped on his seat, annoyed at how the Sphinx lied to them. He let Namjoon answer the rest of the "riddles" the Sphinx gave him.

On the other hand, Namjoon stared at the pencil he was holding. He didn't like how the Sphinx thought of these random trivias as riddles, it made him feel like the Sphinx was insulting his intelligence - that's how easy it was for him. However, on the thirteenth question, Namjoon finally looked up from his bubble sheet.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked curiously

"Oh it's a riddle now" Namjoon showed him the paper.

This thing all things devours. Birds, beasts, trees, and even flowers.

Gnaws iron, bites steel

Grinds hard stone to meal.

Slays kings, ruins towns

And beats high mountains down.

Jungkook read the riddle, his face slowly scrunching at how the words confused him. "A god? Maybe?"

Namjoon placed a hand over JK's mouth. "Don't speak if you're not sure of your answer! The Sphinx might betray us again if she considers your answer instead of mine."

Jungkook only nodded, removing his friend's hand off his mouth. Sighing, he checked on how Soobin was doing at the corner of the room. Luckily, the boy's still alive but his wound's still fresh and bleeding.

We need to take him out of the maze already. Jungkook thought to himself. Namjoon hyung, hurry up! Use that brain of yours! He wanted to yell at Namjoon but he couldn't. He didn't want to pressure his friend, especially when he can't even think of the right answer.

"Well? Have you given up yet, boy?" The Sphinx asked impatiently.

And then Namjoon raised his pencil, "I got it!"

"What? What is it?"

"Time. The answer's time." Namjoon said as he fill in the bubble on the sheet to mark his choice of answer.

If the son of Athena got the right answer, the Sphinx didn't react.

"Great!" Jungkook cheered on his friend. "Now, next riddle please."

"Just check on Soobin, make sure the Sphinx doesn't touch the boy before I ace this game."

"Wow. Confident." Jungkook raised an eyebrow at his friend, who was now concentrating on the next question

Namjoon felt the mockery from Jungkook's tone, and said, "JK, do your part. Will you?"

"Alright, alright. Eyes on Soobin. I got it."

For the next riddle, Namjoon read it out loud to see if Jungkook can understand it too.

Voiceless it cries,