nine

The six demigods successfully made it back to camp, with some relevant people waiting for them at the camp’s borders.

“Jisoo!” Hoseok and Suelgi ran towards Jisoo, before checking on Jimin beside her. As a healer, Hoseok immediately took Jimin from Jisoo and Taehyung’s hold, and brought the boy in the Big House’s infirmary in an instant.

Left without Jimin, Taehyung looked at Chiron apologetically, then to Mr. D and Artemis. It was the first time Jimin strained himself and he felt guilty for not doing anything when they were attacked. Truth was, he knew why he didn’t approach the lion; it was too strong and quick. He didn’t want to risk his life that time; something he regretted instantly as he saw how Jimin tried to protect him and Jungkook. He was ashamed.

“We’ll talk about this later.” Chiron said, and looked at the rest of Taehyung’s friends. “Capture the Flag is about to begin. Those of you who wants to join, you may. However, I advise you all to take a rest.”

Mr. D saw the unfamiliar demigod and gestured the boy to come closer to him, “Let’s have a talk, boy. These youngsters who rescued you must have made you confused.”

Soobin looked at Jungkook, as he was the one who practically took him away from the lion before the others helped. The older boy nodded at him once, as if telling him to just follow the old man.

When Mr. D was about already a few feet away though, Jungkook opened his bag and secretly gave something to the new boy before whispering, "Don't lose this. It will protect you from harm. Give it back to me once you're already well trained."

Soobin, who doesn't have his own backpack with him, just wore it like a normal jacket and followed Mr. D.

Now without the camp directors, Artemis asked the rest, “Who’s going to join the training?”

Lisa raised her hands, followed by Jungkook, who just got back to his place a while ago before he followed Soobin. Then, they slowly turned their heads after noticing that the other two didn’t.

“Jisoo..’ Lisa called her unnie

Jisoo shook her head, “I’m going to help Hoseok in the infirmary. The others must have joined the training.”

“Taehyung?” Artemis said, “You’re not joining?”

“I want to stay with Jimin.” Taehyung admitted, not meeting Artemis’ eyes. He always wanted to get back at the goddess and her huntresses. He wanted to finally win against them but without one of his best friends by his side, he can’t seem to have the determination to beat them.

“I understand.” Artemis nodded, “You two, come with me.” Lisa and Jungkook followed the goddess after the two exchanged glances with the older two.

Taehyung and Jisoo went to the infirmary without any of them talking. Once inside, Taehyung went straight to where Jimin was asleep, praying to the gods silently to make his best friend get his strength faster.

“You already patched his wound?” Jisoo asked her older brother, who nodded at her.

“He’s good now. He’ll just have to get his strength back by resting, and after he eats his ambrosia.”
Since there’s no one lying on the cot beside Jimin, Taehyung laid there, closing his eyes without even talking to anyone inside the infirmary with him.

“You’re not participating in the training?” Hoseok asked Jisoo, though he also wanted to ask the other demigod.

“I like to stay with them. You can go if you want to.”

“They just need some rest. You should get some too.” Hoseok said before leaving his sister with his friends. “I’ll be back after we win!”