thirty

Jisoo couldn't keep her head straight once she stepped inside the building of one of South Korea's Big 3 entertainment companies, YGE. Standing beside her was Taehyung, all smiley and mouth open in awe as he took in the new environment he was in.

"BigHit's building looks way better than this one." Taehyung said as if he's voicing out his thoughts, "Too bad we destroyed it." His forehead creased, feeling guilty as he remembered that day.

"They should be thankful we didn't destroy all of it. Truthfully, they only have to repair the third floor and the entrance of their building. I'm sure they're rich enough to cover the damage." Jisoo tried to console her... friend - for a second, she got confused of what to call him. Unfortunately, Taehyung didn't actually ask her if she wants to be his girlfriend - he only confessed, so technically, they're still just friends.

"If nothing good happens to me after a year, I'm auditioning myself to BigHit," Taehyung told her, "I'm going to make Soobin refer me to his CEO."

"You're going to MAKE him refer you?" Jisoo asked. "MAKE? Not even ASK?"

Taehyung made a face, trying to cover up his slip of the tongue. Yeah, he was actually planning on using his ability to persuade people just to get himself to that company. "Potato, potato. Nyenye."

The sarcasm made Jisoo raise an eyebrow. "Are you really replying something like that to me now, Kim Taehyung?"

He could only count with his hands the moments when Jisoo's voice became stern. Hearing that tone on her again made him shut his trap and proceed to his usual way of calming Jisoo down; showing her his boxy smile and then changing the topic but of course, he knew he should apologize first.

"I'm sorry." He smiled. "Come on," he placed his arm on Jisoo and squeezed her shoulder. "Your mom must be waiting."

"Huh?" She said, "She doesn't know we're coming."

"That's what you think." He winked at her. Before Jisoo could even react to what he just said, he pulled her to the receptionist and used his charm to get what they wanted.

---

"I can't believe you straight up told her that my mom has a daughter." Jisoo quietly told Taehyung as they were being escorted by a man towards the famous Kim Yejin's manager's office. "How come she believed that?"

Taehyung did the flower pose with a cute smile on his face. "Because of my pretty face that people seem to be mesmerized with when they talk to me." Jisoo just stared at him with her blank face, clearly not satisfied with his answer. Taehyung then dropped his hands to his sides and said, "Don't you want other people to know your mom has a daughter?" he paused. "I mean, if I was your mother, I wouldn't keep someone as special as you. I ain't keeping you in a dungeon where no one would see your worth."

Jisoo bit the bottom of her lip to prevent the smile that's trying to form on her lips. She somehow felt shy with what he just said. Even when they've had conversations like that before, his words meant something more for her now that they've confessed to each other.

"We're here." They stopped on their tracks in front of a door. "Ms. Kim is inside with her Manager." Jisoo and Taehyung smiled at the man who accompanied them before he left them to knock.

"Ready?" Taehyung asked, his fist about to touch the door. When Jisoo nodded her head, he finally knocked.

It only took Taehyung two knocks before the door opened, a woman in her 40s welcoming them with a smile. "You must be Yejin's daughter! You look just like her!"

Jisoo was taken aback by the casual greeting, especially with the way the woman just confirmed that her mother told her manager about her being her daughter - she didn't deny her, and that's a good thing, Jisoo thought.