twenty-two

"Jisoo!" Hoseok was a few feet away from his sister, who was already breathing heavily on the ground as she clutched her side to try to stop the bleeding.

"Hoseok! Keep your eyes on the enemy!" Chaeyoung reminded him before she sent a fire breathing horse flying towards a thick tree, turning it into ashes.

"But Ji-"

"Is already with Taehyung, she's going to be safe." Chaeyoung cut him off, yet she didn't sound so sure herself. But she believed in Taehyung, she knew he won't let anyone lay another hand on Jisoo again.

"I have to get to her!" Hoseok desperately killed serpents getting in his way until Yoongi appeared in front of him. "Move, Yoongi!"

"There are still rabid animals trying to kill us, Hoseok!" Yoongi argued, "Taehyung's already there. Jennie and Jimin too. Help us fight here to lessen our problems."

"You don't understand! Jisoo is bleeding out the-"

Yoongi glanced at Jisoo and Taehyung's side just in time to see how Taehyung caught Jisoo using his injured arm. It was just that scene that made Yoongi feel furious on what's really happening around them right now. "You heal Taehyung. I'll go get Jisoo. Let's get inside the house so you can heal her." Yoongi quickly thought of a plan to lessen his best friend's worrying. "Meet me inside with the others. I'll guard the house from outside with Jungkook."

Hoseok still was wary of his sister's condition but he forced himself to agree with Yoongi, seeing that it's the only logical plan they can manage amidst the current situation.

"Chaeng," Hoseok looked at their friend softly, "I'll meet you inside. Stick with Jungkook and Lisa. Got it?"

Chaeyoung nodded with a reassuring smile, "Got it. Now go save our friends, sunshine!"

When Jimin and Jennie finally cut their way in the circle that surrounded his sister and Taehyung, Hoseok slowly made his way towards the scene while Chaeyoung helped them by creating a thick mist that would separate them from the monsters for a while.

"Lisa! Look out!" Jungkook grabbed Lisa and pushed her behind him as he sliced a horse's leg off.

Lisa stammered a "thanks" before fighting a giant scorpion.

Jennie, being a huntress of Artemis and a daughter of Ares, fought alongside Jimin to help Taehyung kill Geryon and his animals.

"These pesky horses just keep on getting in our way!" Jimin said, his body moving automatically as he dodged, rolled, stab, or sliced his opponents.

"Get to Taehyung quickly!" Jennie shouted amidst the noises, "But wait for me to get there. I know how to kill Geryon!"

"No." Jimin argued, "We're helping him at the same time. I'm not leaving you here. Look what happened to Jisoo!"

"I heard that!" Taehyung shouted a few feet away from them. He was fighting another horse on his own while guarding a bleeding Jisoo behind him.

"Geryon's running, Taehyung! Just kill the damn horses now and don't let that monster get away further!" Jimin shouted back, tired of these horses distracting them from the fleeing Geryon.

Behind Taehyung, the son of Hades appeared, scooping Jisoo from the ground. Taehyung would have stabbed Yoongi if Jisoo wasn't on the verge of getting unconscious of blood loss already.

"I'll bring her inside the house with the others." Yoongi said, "Kill Geryon with Jimin and Jennie. The dude has three hearts so you need to work together."

Taehyung nodded in agreement, though still annoyed from the fact that Yoongi was carrying Jisoo and instructed him on what to do. He was about to head straight to where Geryon went when Hoseok pulled him back. Looking back at Jisoo's brother with an annoyed and impatient look, he said, "Let go!"