Ch 10| Interlocked

At eleven thirty the next morning, I was in room twenty three, talking to a nervous Jimin, who had gotten cold feet before going outside his room.

A plain white button down shirt, the one I had brought along for the show this evening, lay on the bed where Jimin had made a protective fort, and was currently hiding under, claiming that he was not wearing any clothes.

I couldn't just pull the blankets away. What if he was actually naked underneath it?

"Okay Jimin, I'll give you five minutes to get out of bed and get yourself sorted out. Otherwise we'll just cancel going out," I said, straightening up and walking towards the door.

"Alright, alright I'm coming," He mumbled, pink messy hair poking out accompanied by a small pout on his small lips. He was wearing clothes.

"You promise there won't be anybody else?" He asked, voice turning scared and small all over again.

"Promise. Just you and me until three o'clock," I told him for the millionth time.

"Now come on I have to make mochi too," I said, beckoning him to tag along with me.

At the mention of mochi, the boy perked up. He quickly put on a pair of grey flip flops, and adjusted the sleeves of the all too large shirt that fell over half his palms, and almost completely went over his black shorts.

"Okay let's go," He said, nodding once. His eyes squeezed shut when he did that. I tried not to audibly coo at it.

Opening the door, we stepped out from room 23, to the great outdoors which I liked to call floor numero tres of casa de Park. I had a thing for naming things in Spanish. But I only kept doing it because it always managed to bring out a laugh from Jimin. I wouldn't have done it otherwise, no matter how amusing it was, because I was pretty sure my Spanish was wrong.

He breathed in before keeping an unsure step outside of his room, paused, and soon entered the floor. He had only gotten permission to go up to the kitchen, and up to the kitchen was fine enough for him. He slowly walked around, twirling around himself as he took in the new surroundings. After a while only did the smoke begin to come out of his feet.

"Alright, time to sit," I said quickly, guiding himself into one of the revolving seats near the kitchen counter. I was not going to let anything happen to him. Mrs. Park had made it extremely clear that I did not want that.

And of course, Jimin discovered that the chairs could revolve.

"Whooooa, it goes around!" He said turning in circles and looking up at the ceiling, quite similar to what I had done yesterday.

Wordlessly, I took out the bean paste from the fridge, and readied my mochi. Pinching the rice flour dough over the scooped out paste.

"Hyung can't you make it a different color?" He asked.

"Nope, I made it green and red and I'm not making another batch. You should eat the classics first before getting fancy," I said, holding up a hand covered in flour.

"Can I eat the red stuff?"

"Jimin that's red bean paste,"

"Can I eat it?"

I got a spoon and gave him a bit to taste. His eyes closed as he tasted the flavor of the red beans, but he didn't seem to enjoy it too much.

"Pasty," He commented.

"That's why it's called a paste," I countered, too lazy to actually find and add more red beans.

He giggled, and watched every single one of my movements closely.