Ch 16| Confusion Pt II

It had been weeks since the almost kiss incident, and it seemed that only Jimin kept track of it. Yoongi was indifferent to everything and carried on with his work, playing piano for Park enterprises, keeping up with his underground rapping and spending time with Jimin, and much to Jimin's annoyance, had insisted on calling him Mochi, permanently. Yoongi had even found the time to visit his eomma at the hospital, who was recovering from the kidney transplant.

Meanwhile, Jimin found it increasingly harder to be around the older boy, getting flustered every single time Yoongi called him mochi. Perhaps it was the sinister joy Yoongi found in embarrassing Jimin that he stuck to the nickname. And oblivious to that, Jimin always gave him a reaction, which only made Yoongi do it more.

One would think that after such a long time Jimin would be used to the teasing, but in reality it was a whole different story. And Mrs. Park, knowing the reasons for Jimin's over the top reactions, found the entire situation highly entertaining.

And it was that day that Mrs. Park got to witness what she called peak comedy.

It was a Sunday morning, at around ten thirty. Yoongi was sound asleep in his room, and Jimin was sound asleep in his. Finding the silence in the third floor a bit odd, Mrs.Park knocked on Yoongi's door, only to find the boy half asleep. Shaking her head in disapproval, Mrs. Park urged Yoongi to get up and get changedwhile she ordered something small for breakfast, seeing that it was already nearly noon.

After she left,  Yoongi changed into a very comfortable outfit of a white sleeveless top, white and black bottoms and his signature bandana. Mrs. Park was used to Yoongi's peculiar sense of style by now, and found the choice of outfit as "very Yoongi,"

"It's almost lunchtime, you should've eaten breakfast by now," She scolded Yoongi, who sheepishly smiled and walked over to room 23, to wake Jimin up while Mrs. Park ordered began to chat with the guy on the other side of the line.

"Yah Mochi! Open up!!" He said banging his fist loudly and clearly on the door.

"Mwuhmmmhmm" a muffled noise came from the inside, and Yoongi remained in front of it, tapping his foot impatiently. From the angel in the kitchen, Mrs. Park had a pretty good view of Yoongi's almost annoyed look as he waited for the door to open. oongi was cranky for about five minutes after being woken up, it was common knowledge.

"You are this close to losing the strawberries on your waffles!" He yelled at the door, which remained closed.

Soon, shuffling sounds were heard, and the door opened, revealing a half asleep, shirtless Jimin. 

She watched, a laugh struggling to break out of her lips as Yoongi's eyes widened, and pale cheeks turned rosy pink as he tried to look anywhere but at the half naked boy.

"What's wrong hyung?" Jimins sleepy voice came, and she was now pressing her hand on her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Frowning, Jimin brought his hand to his shoulder to fix his non existent shirt, and upon realization, screamed, and shut the door right in Yongi's face. "Oh my god go away hyung!!" He screamed from behind closed doors, and Mrs. Park broke into a fit of laughter, embarrassing Yoongi even more.

Pouting, Yoongi came to the kitchen counter, where Mrs. Park just grinned at him and went downstairs to bring up the donuts she had ordered, mentally giving herself credit for waking Yoongi up first.

And when she came up, she found the boys bickering- as was the tradition among the two.

"You said we had pancakes for breakfast!"

"I told that because you won't open the door pabo!"

"I was gonna open the door anyway!"

It was amazing how fast they had forgotten the awkward start of the day. With a playful roll of her eyes, she brought over the donuts, and opened, it, and all arguments dropped in the blink of an eye.