Ch 20| Giving in

That night I lay in my bed, unable to sleep, having slept for over half of the day. But having no sleep came with its own set of dreams and nightmares. I felt the soft touch of Jimin's lips on the tip of my nose, but again, I saw Hoseok's face, the menacing, broken face that screamed inside my head, "chose! Yoongi, chose!"

 I rolled over in my bed, smashing a pillow over my head, trying to block out the voices in my head. I didn't want to let go of my Hoseok, but I found myself thinking about Jimin, worrying about him, feeling butterflies in the pit of my stomach at the memory of his smiles and hugs.

"Hoseok is the past. Jimin's here, right now,"My heart reasoned with me, but my brain screamed back, "Jimin would never love you the way Hoseok did,"

"You won't know if you don't give him a chance," My heart fought back at that reason.And my brain had no comeback.

I was confused.

And I fell into a restless sleep, waking up multiple times for various reasons. Once, at around three in the morning, I spied a little light from under the door of room 23. What was Jimin doing up in this unholy hour?I left my bottle of water on the kitchen counter and walked over to the door, knocking softly on it, afraid that he might've just fallen asleep with the lights on. But in a moment, he opened the door, and he looked wide awake.

"Hey hyung!" He chirped, pushing his silver bangs away from his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing up this late?"

"You're up too!"

"I came to drink a bit of water, sue me," I shot back. "Now why aren't you asleep?"

"Couldn't sleep," He pouted, looking down at his feet. I wanted to scold him just then, reminding him that I had told him to come to me if there was anything wrong, but decided that now was not the time. I sighed.

"Go to bed, I'll be right there," I said to the confused boy who stood at the door, and rushed to my own room, and brought my blanket and hugsy pillow. "Sleepover," I grinned, and walked past him into the room. 

"Sleepover?" He echoed, and closed the door. His face went from confusion to excitement in lightning speed. "Cool! Hop on the bed!" He said, getting under the covers and patting the empty spot next to him with a small smile on his face. I felt myself beginning to blush, so I quickly turned away and turned the lights off. 

It was easy to navigate my way in the dark, provided that his room was absolutely minimalistic and had literally nothing I could bump into. I felt the edge of the bed and got on, covering myself with my blanket. 

"Jimin-ah?" I asked, feeling his eyes on the back of my head after I turned around.

"You're not gonna ask why I couldn't sleep?"His voice came from behind. I smiled. Did he want to?

I turned around to face him. I could see him a little, it being three something in the morning, and I could make out the outline of his wide eyes in the darkness.

"I just figured you would've been too excited to go exploring, and besides, if it was something else, you would've told me already, right?"

He hummed. "Yeah,"

I smiled into the darkness. 

"Hyung can you come closer?"He asked out of nowhere, making m heart stop beating for a moment.

"Why? You don't need space?"

"No, I wanna play with your hair again"

My heart twisted dangerously at his words. I wanted to kiss his little hands so badly,but I withheld myself and settled for teasing him instead.