Ch 24| Early

I had the best sleep I had in a while. No nightmares, no crying, no jump starts. And this time, when morning rolled around, I was waiting for it, stretching happily and instantly walking one door over to Jimin's room.

He opened the door at my knock, smiling and falling into my arms with a giggle, pressing his lips lazily against mine."Morning love" I mumbled, gazing at his beautiful face. "Morning babe" He mumbled back, and instantly followed it with "Ew ew ew that sucked, sorry hyung,"as he scrunched up his face.

I chuckled, taking the chance to kiss the tip of his nose. 

Breakfast was simple, cereal and milk, followed by a box of strawberries we had left half eaten some day earlier. Biting through a sour strawberry, Jimin's nose scrunched up, and he swallowed in distaste before asking "So what are we doing today hyung?"

I shrugged, eating a strawberry of my own, and answered," I dunno, why don't you pick?"

"Hm... oh! We could go to that mini theater on the second floor,"

That sounded like a plan.

"Okay!"I said, and he nodded and decided that we would go there straight after breakfast through a mouthful of more strawberry.

But life had to have other plans to ruin the perfect start to my day because just after we made it through our dessert, I heard tentative clicking of heels ascending up the stairs. It couldn't be Mrs. Park, she was in Shanghai, and nobody else was allowed up here.

I saw panic in Jimin's eyes and instinctively I moved in front of him, knowing that he wasn't used to new encounters and was probably freaking out.The sound grew louder, and up the stairs, popped up the scared head of that one maid who had the audacity to call me oppa.

Her head turned around slowly, as if she was checking to see if anybody was there, and I met her eyes with a questioning look. Noticing me, she took a step back, eyes widening in shock.

"Oppa!" She gasped, putting a hand dramatically on her chest, and the grip Jimin had on the back of my shirt tightened.

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not your oppa?" I growled, fists turning white as I clenched them in anger. "And you aren't allowed up here," I added, wanting her out, right now.

"Why don't you leave oppa? Why don't you run from the monster?" She asked, stepping towards me, and I felt anger blind me at every bit of tension I felt coming from the boy hidden behind me.

"Don't call Jimin a monster, I warn you," I said in a low voice, sneaking my right hand behind my back to capture Jimin's own in some sort of pathetic consolence.

"Run oppa, I'll cover for you,"

"I told you I'm not running. Never. And I have Mrs. Park on speed dial so move," I said, getting highly irritated by her shrill voice. But again, she took it the wrong way, some sort of understanding washed over her eyes, and I saw her draw a conclusion.

"So he turned him into one of his kind huh? That's why you don't leave," She said, trying to look over my shoulder. I pulled Jimin closer to me and heard him slightly wince. Cursing myself for harsh movement, and the girl for making me do so, I let her see the fire in my eyes.

"If that's how it works, then run little girl, cause five more seconds and you'll be one of us,"I spat, pushing her away, putting some distance between us and her. But she saw a glimpse of Jimin from behind me, and sidestepped in lightning speed, and turned Jimin over to face her. He gulped, trying to hide behind me, but she held onto his wrist, squeezing down on it, and hearing him whimper in pain.

"You're hurting him!"I said, prying her hand away from my Jimin.

"Monsters deserve to be hurt!" She yelled back. She was getting out of line.