Ch 13| Talk to me

After the surgeries were done and Jimin was stabilized only did I go home from the hospital. The old rusty place greeted me, and while it wasn't much, I felt much more relaxed, much more content within those four walls. I had long since realized that no place else could ever  feel this way, this being the place where I met, fell in love with and lost my precious ball of sunshine.

It was nice, the feeling of coming back to his memory, knowing that I had stopped a death similar to my love's own, even though I couldn't save his.

But that day, I was back to bid my goodbyes to the love of my life, packing up the producing gear and laptop I had gotten with him, while I could afford it. I packed away the broken frame which held the picture of our first date as well, goofy smiles on both of our faces, while I was frozen mid jump to grab my glasses which he had snatched. I could still hear his laughter through the frame.

I jingled the keys of the place we got together, waiting for the beefy land lord to come collect them. And when he did,I felt hollow.

I was leaving the memory f the love I once had behind. And it was to take care of a friend, an almost friend who had nearly died a few weeks ago.

I remembered my discussion with Mrs. Park and the doctors, how they said that Jimin would be fatigued most of the time, how he would not be able to work too much without hurting himself. I remembered the tightness in Mrs. Park's face when they told her that her son would need constant care.

And I did not regret my decision a single bit.

Had Hoseokie known, he would've approved of the decision, maybe even helped out himself.

I left my home behind.

I made my way to WWW, to bid goodbye to Seokjinnie hyung, but turned right  back when I saw him, and that lanky kid from that day, kissing on the counter. The others in the e cafe didn't seem to mind, and they gave zero shits about their surroundings too.

"I'll call him," I thought, rushing down the gravel road.

And the day Jimin was finally discharged, I had finished bidding all of my goodbyes to my friends. "Damn hyung, it's like you're going on death row," Taehyung had chuckled on the phone, and I did think that I was making too much of a big deal out of it. So I was leaving everything familiar behind, to take care of the dying son of the richest person in Korea.

Yeah, that wasn't scary at all.

I had by then colored my hair white, because I felt like I needed the change, and white was the most opposite from black I could get. I started wearing bandanas again, Hoseok used to say I looked good in them. It was my way of keeping his memory alive.

And I was ready to dive head first into this new life.

I decided to shake all my sadness off. And I began to see the good things in everything, again, like Hoseok had taught me. 

I really needed to stop basing my life off of Hoseok. Soon, I will, but not now. I held onto his memory a  bit more.

I got a text from Mrs. Park, saying that she and Jimin had left the hospital, and were headed to Park residences.

I closed the door to my room, room 22, and dashed downstairs to greet Jimin.

And when their benz pulled up; I smiled, the world brightening up considerably as Jimin stepped out of the car, black jeans, cartoon themed shirt, pink hair... the entire package. He stopped and scanned me in shock. It made me feel self conscious, having his eyes rake my body from top to bottom, and I shifted awkwardly on my feet before holding out unsure hands for him to walk into.