Ch 28|Feel You Burn

Jimin walked into the kitchen a good four hours later, and found his eomma and hyung talking about this and that by the kitchen counter. It was his eomma who saw him, and started "Afterning sleeping beauty!" His hyung turned at his mother's greetings, and JImin felt his heart ripped out of his body at Yoongi's worn out and hollow expression. The older tried for a smile, but it came out more like a grimace, and that hurt Jimin more than he thought was possible, or necessary.

"Afterning?" He asked his eomma, taking a safe bet, and sliding to a seat by his hyung, who still leaned in and pressed a kiss on the side of his head. Jimin sadly smiled at his hyung, and saw the boy try again, this time managing a small smile.

"It's between morning and afternoon Jimin, and if breakfast and lunch can be brunch, morning and afternoon can be afterning,"his eomma stated matter of factly, and Jimin frowned. "Then what do you call the time between afternoon and evening?"

"There's noon, afternoon and evening, we don't need another in between," His eomma huffed, offering him a plate stacked with pancakes. But before Jimin could tuck in, Yoongi intervened, taking a bottle of chocolate syrup, and drawing a smiley face on the top most pancake, like he had done the first day he had cooked for Jimin.

Jimin's eyes turned into tearful crescents at the gesture, and he would've kissed his hyung, if his mother hadn't been standing on the other side of the counter, cooing at the scene.

"You are too cute for your own good," She said, and frowned at her son, "You're not going to give him a kiss for that? What is wrong with you?"She asked, discreetly taking out her phone. Smiling thinly at the action, Yoongi moved in, taking Jimin's face in his hands, and tenderly kissing his lips, pouring in every ounce of love he could manage into it.

Forgetting everything and ignoring the sound of his eomma snapping pictures, Jimin kissed back with every bit of passion he had, matching Yoongi's pace. And they both came to their own decisions, and made peace with it. Yoongi nodded, placing his forehead on Jimin's keeping his eyes, closed, and wiped away the tears that began to flow the younger boy's cheeks.

"Aw don't ruin it! What happened? Why are you two crying?" Mrs. Park asked, setting the phone aside and leaning over the counter in concern.

"N-nothing eomma, I just love him is all," Jimin said in a shaky voice, and Yoongi closed the space between the younger's trembling lips, with a small kiss of his own and pulled away.

"Yeah. Sorry Mrs. Park," He said, but she was too busy finding the scene adorable.

She didn't know the backstory. And Yoongi was thankful for that.

"I'm gonna go out for a bit today," Yoongi announced, getting up from his seat. "I'll be right back,"

Mrs. Park nodded. "I'm here until around two, so you can take your time, I'm gonna catch up with Minnie,"

Bowing, Yoongi went into his bedroom and sighed, quickly washing himself and slipping into a black cotton shirt and equally black trousers. Before leaving he came back over to the counter and kissed Jimin on the lips again. "Bye love,"

"Bye hyung, love you,"

"Love you more,"

And Yoongi disappeared down the stairs. Jimin stared at the empty space where Yoongi had been, unable to find his mind, That was a new way to play with Jimin's heart. He sighed, running his hand through his hair and turned to his eomma, who was smirking at him.

"You guys are so cute," She said, pinching her son's cheek slightly, and settling onto a seat opposite to him. Jimin responded by nodding through a bite of his pancakes, lightly blushing. She chuckled.