Ch 14| His name was Jung Hoseok

"Fine," Yoongi said and Jimin instantly put his food away.

"Okay okay I'm listening," He said, putting his chin on his hand which was propped up on the counter.

"This is unfair," Yoongi began to protest all of a sudden, and Jimin pouted. "You know everything about me, it's only fair that you tell me your story,"He argued.

Sighing in defeat, Yoongi began;

"His name was Jung Hoseok,"

*

I met him one day near Christmas break in freshman year in high school. I had black hair, he had this obnoxious red. He was one of the nobodies in school, the kind who are liked by everyone, hangs out with everyone, don't get bullied, but aren't all too popular either. And I was the sensitive nerd who made it into the basket ball team, which meant I was one of the popular kids, but I got bullied too. High school politics are complicated, don't ask.

That day, I was coming out of music club, he was bouncing off the walls after dance club, he had an unnecessary amount of energy for a teenager. This random guy Min wo? Min ju? I don't remember his name, but he pinned me to the lockers, and began to beat me up. I only got out because I was short and could lift my leg enough to kick him in the privates. And after that, I slid down the lockers, face bleeding from all the punches, and began to wipe at my face.

That's when I met him. He had a frown on his face for the first time I had seen him ,before, he always seemed to be laughing. "Hey can you move?" He asked me, and I shook my head no, because it hurt too much.

Then I found out that he had only asked me that because I was leaning on his locker, and he wanted to leave his books before going to another period.

I hated Jung Hoseok for a long time, so much, that I made it a point to be a total jerk to him whenever I possibly could. But each time I did something, he responded like an absolute angel. I guess that's why no one bullied him.

I had started to notice how he had these small braids in his hair, the dimples in the corner of his mouth when he smiled, and the little smiley face that was in his eyes when he smiled. I had caught him looking at me from time to time too. He seemed like a legit nice person, regardless of our first meeting.

After a while, I quit harassing him, I never went as far to bully him; I'm not heartless, but I quit the harassment, and became his friend. How did that happen? Honestly, I don't know, it just sort of transitioned.

We hung out a lot, during school, after school, in the weekends. We hung around each other so much that people started spreading rumors that we were dating, which we weren't. Yet.

So we brushed them off and continued our ways, me? I got super irked sometimes, but Hoseok? he was just... himself. Happy, bubbly and zero care to everything else that was happening around him.

He got me out of a lot of fights, protected me from a lot of people. He even gave me a place to stay when the landlord kicked our family out, because our rent was overdue. Eomma and appa moved to Seoul so that they could make money, and I- I lived with Hoseok. I got a job, helped with their family's chores, paid part of their bills- just 'cause I felt guilty taking advantage of their kindness.

We shared a room, he wasn't super rich, and over time, we got used to cuddling each other in our sleep. It was warm in his arms, and he said he felt precious in mine. So I made it a point that I was the big spoon, the cuddler, if you will, because it made me happy that I could make him feel precious.

By the end of senior year, there was no Yoongi without Hoseok and no Hoseok without Yoongi. We were that close. The problem was, he wanted to be an idol, I only wanted to be a pianist. We would have to go our separate ways one day, and neither of us were ready for it.