Ch 27|The Breaking Point

Life was again, so to speak, normal. The days passed, and I hung around Jimin a lot, mumbling small "I love you"s and kissing him whenever I felt like it, which was a lot; and worked at night, playing piano for South Korea's biggest classical band. I had played at the president's house about three times by the beginning of the new month, and finally had a full day to myself, a day without practice, or an event, or an underground show down.

And I decided to take Jimin on a date again, to the mini theater as we had discussed but failed to do the day Mrs. Park had come back from her business trip. Today, she had a meeting in Seoul, and wouldn't be back until late night, so I seized the opportunity.

Jimin was asleep on his bed, wrapped in a blanket burrito when I barged through his surprisingly unlocked door. Seeing the sleeping angel, I wondered if I should just let him sleep, but decided that he would like the idea of a movie date.

"Minnie? Mochi? Love?" I asked, shaking his shoulder slightly flinching at the smoke that rose from under my fingertips. Groaning, he opened his eyes, and spoke through a yawn. "Why are you up hyungie?"

"Boy it's twelve noon, and I wanna take you on a date,"

At the mention of date, he woke up completely, almost falling while attempting to untangle himself from the sheets. I laughed at his excitement,and grinned when I heard him whisper under his breath; "Meanie,"

For a second, he stood still, scanning my outfit, and nodded resoloutely.

"'kay out of my room," He said, beginning to push me, and I frowned, turning around to face him."What the hell?"

"You can't stay here when I change, now shoo,"He said, pushing my chest slightly.

I wondered why the smoke that came out of Jimin's body was inconsistent. Sometimes, like this, he would add pressure, but no smoke would come, and he won't turn pale. But in other times, like yesterday, he would turn into a smoke factory at the smallest touches.

But he refused to meet a doctor, no matter how much I pointed it out.

"Nope," I said, resisting once I was at the door, and held him by the wrists before leaning in to peck his lips and promptly turning away.

I heard the door thud to a close, and then heard shuffling behind the door. I moved to the couch and sat there, waiting for the door to open.

It did, half a century later in my mind, which was about fifteen minutes in real life, and Jimin ventured out, in a black and white striped t shirt, faded blue ripped jeans and white sneakers. His hair, which he had recently colored to a brownish orange was stylishly messed up, making him look a baby and a babe all at once.

"Wow" was my response to the look, when he twirled around to show off. He smiled, pulling me up by the wrist and fixed the collar of my black jacket.

"You look ready to go out," he said,  putting his other hand to my chest and pulling me in for a kiss. I hummed, partially shrugging, and kissed back.

"We're going out so duh," I said, pecking his lips again.

His eyes widened, and his mouth formed a little "o" which was too cute to describe, and began to bounce on the balls on his feet. "Out? Like out out?"

"Nope, second floor," I said, making his excitement falter a bit, but all the same, he still smiled.

"Movie date?" He asked, hitting the correct guess instantly, making me groan.

"Way to ruin the surprise, now come on Sherlock," I said linking my hand with his, and leading him down the stairs.

The mini theater was small, around ten seats set up in front of the screen, a single long seat set in the middle, which would accommodate around three people. A projector was fixed over us, and to it, I had connected my laptop, having already chosen a movie for the two of us to watch.