Five

"So dad you um hurt your knee?" Jonny asked grinning up at his dad who was oblivious to what his two sons knew, Faith sent him a dirty look in hopes that he wouldn't press on, hearing about her friends farthest penis wasn't in the top of the list of things she wanted to do on a Friday night.

"My What?"

"Your knee" Jonny repeated nodding along and laughing at faiths furious glare.

"What about it?" Martin asked as he continued to take bites of his food from his plate, which seemed to never end.

"You hurt it?" Adam questioned, the three all screw their faces and leaned forward, eager to get the goodman father to explain his probably embarrassing injury.

"Did I?" He took a few seconds to think, it was unbelievable he had already forgotten his own lie "oh yes yes. I banged it!"

"Oh on what?" Faith quizzed starting to enjoy the game that the boys had started, although she still wasn't entirely sure she wanted the answers.

"My other knee" he said but Instantly regretted as Faith pushed on completely invested in the story.

"Shouldn't both your knees hurt then?"

"Here! Your lord ship" Jackie announced with butter undertones as she passed him his dish of ketchup, Martin had let out a sigh of relief as his wife had saved him from the interrogation.

"Lovely tomato blood!" He splashed it on his plate, his arm was brought back round and held close to faiths distrusted face "would you like some faith?"

"Uh no I'm alright actually Martin" she pushed it away and back down onto the table waiting her hand on the table cloth from where a few drops had splashed onto her.

"Mum good news! My things on tonight!" Adam announced clearly happy with himself and his work.

"What thing?"

"You know the music I did for the add the jingle!" He explained hoping for any response which didn't root from confusion.

"He didn't get paid for!" Jonny butted in raising his eyebrows at his father and friend who sat across from him.

"Probably a shit jingle anyway" faith added while coughing in her hand to cover the abuse she shared, although she had still wasn't herself a fist bump over the table from Jonny.

"Took me out for lunch actually!" Adam corrected taking a bite of his food.

"Oh sorry paid in potato's!" Jonny mocked tilting his head and smirking up at his older brother.

"Shut up Jonny!" Jackie snapped hitting her youngest sons arm lightly and leaning on to hear more about Adams jingle."It's on tonight?"

"Yeh it's on later it's not a big deal" he replied as if he hadn't been messaging Faith all week about how excited he was to hear it on the radio.

"Oh that's wonderful bobble!" She leant over Jonny and kissed Adams head clearly just as excited as Adam was for the jingle which both faith and Jonny were convinced would be horrible.

"Oh and tell Allison to listen to it too!" Adam suggests to Jonny with a almost genuine looking smile "or will that be to difficult for her with Simons balls in her ear?" Jackie let out a loud cackled and continued to eat her dinner as the boys sent flares back and forth.