Thirteen

A/n: it's short because I have no motivation lol

Faith walked through the hallways and into the dining room, jug of water in hand following Jackie and the two boys trailing behind with glasses.

"so are you excited then?" Jackie turned to three unimpressed and confused glares back at her.

"For what?" Adam asked passing glasses to Jonny as he placed them down.

"Neil's wedding!"

"Oh Boring Neil!" Jonny half joked tapping faiths shoulder as he walked by waiting for her laugh or any kind of reaction.

"And Karen!"

"And ugly Karen!" Adam snickered , joining in with his younger brothers childish behaviour.

"Karen's not ugly!" Jackie attempted to defend her b Uhhh t the three kids seemed unimpressed.

"Mum She has a face like a foot!" Adam exclaimed.

Jackie gasped throwing a hand over her mouth "that's faiths cousin!"

"I'm not getting involved" she spat out holding her hands up in defence in an attempt to not get involved, she wasn't Karen's biggest fan but she wasn't going to slag her off behind the girls back.

"She does she definitely has a foot face!" Jonny chuckled as he lent against the door frame pulling a reluctant faith under his arm.

"Well maybe her face does look a bit like a foot but she's a lovely girl!" Jackie finally gave up as she agreed with her two sons.

"Is she?" Faith questioned cocking a eyebrow and finally placing her own arm around her friends back.

" do we have to go? No ones gonna notice!" Jonny argued following his mother out of the room leaving Faith to fall into the doorway.

"Shut up its vals son! She's my friend! Your going!" She finished the disagreement not letting Jonny to get another word in.

"I don't even like Karen! She keeps calling me here cousin when I'm not! I'm Neil's cousin!" Faith took a minute to think about what she had said "and I don't even like Neil" she finished throwing her hands up in exhaustion and frustration "this week all I've heard is about that bloody wedding"

"Why can't it be a funeral? At least it would be over quickly!" Adam joked nudging the small girl next to him in hopes to cheer her up.

"Yeh Neil and Karen's double funeral!"

"It would be more fun, I could leave early and just blame it on being too sad" Faith huffed as she sat down on the chair pulled out next to her.

"Very nice and you wonder why your all single!" Jackie sighed leaning against the back of faiths chair.

"I'm not!" Faith smiled putting her hand in the air but soon retracting the gesture with the glares she received.

"Also excuse me! I've got a girlfriend!" Jonny flight back through the laughs of his family and friend.

"Do you actually though?" Faith asked squinting her eyes and shaking her head as if weighing up the evidence.

"Right-" Jonny soon started but was cut off by the ring of faiths phone.

"Sorry but gonna have to love you and leave you" she grinned lightly tapping his cheek a couple of times as she walked out "hi Hayley"

"What's Alex's sisters called?" She asked out of breathe, loud foggy music could be heard as if she was at a party or out somewhere.

"One is Gemma and the other is Lily, why?"

"Nothing nothing, hair colour?"

"Uhhh Gemma is ginger and lily is blonde" she explained , he suspicion growing as the conversation went on "I'm sorry Hayley what is going on?"

"No it's fine don't worry" she reassured but her shaky voice had let her down massively.

"Uhh okay"

"I'll see you later"

"Yeah" Faith had begun to reply but the phone was already hung up and the line was dead, she took a minute to process the strange and awkward interaction with her sister before walking into the living room where the boys were complaining to their mother.

"What are you two moaning about" she pulled a fake sympathetic frown.

"Val is coming round with your dress" Jackie smiled completely unaware of the anger she'd soon face.

"Fuck off am I putting that dress on tonight" Faith spat jumping out of her seat, Faith didn't necessarily mind wearing fancy dresses but if she could avoid wearing them in front of Jonny and Adam she would, the teasing was something she could live without.

"Don't be silly, yes you are!" Jackie dismissed her upset with a wave of her hand.

"No I'm not! I'll look like a tit!" She shouted, contradicting jackies nonchalant attitude towards it.

"No you won't you'll look lovely!"

"Yes lovely!" Jonny mocked standing up to kiss the top of her head, but backed down with a laugh after seeing faiths glare.

"Jonny piss off!"

"Horrible child"

"Now that I'll agree with!" Faith cracked a small smile at his mother's comment.