Fifteen

"Jonny I can't do this" faith jumped up from the wall outside the church motioning down to her long frock and the heals that felt impossible to walk in.

"Faith" he planted his hands down on her shoulder stopping her from moving "this is ridiculous! You look amazing everyone is in there waiting it's gonna be fine, it'll be over before you know it!"

"True I'm gonna need a lot of alcohol to get through it though" she huffed out a faint scoff of amusement and flicked her cigarette off into the car park and shaking her nerves off as she turned to enter the synagogue.

"So you'll be fine yeh?" He double checked pulling her back before she left.

"Mhmm" she was beginning to convince herself that it wouldn't be too bad, but the deep rooted nerves of having to be in front of others and the idea of even having to be near her parents where beginning to consume her.

"Ok I've got to go sit down" he smiled patting her shoulder and running off down the isle to join his parents and Adam.

Hayley wasn't in much of a better condition when faith entered the small meeting room to the side of the synagogue where the bride and bridesmaids were waiting. Hayley couldn't believe she'd have to see and talk to Adam again, her crush had continued since secondary school and it was rare that she saw him anymore.

"We're gonna be fine" She smiled linking arms with her older sister to reassure her, faith was younger but she had always been protective over Hayley and always felt like she should look after her. The music had abruptly began to play as all the bridesmaids filed into a line in order to walk the isle. Jonny and Adam couldn't resist the urge to point at there feet during the walk making both Posner sisters snicker to each other, hands over their mouths to cover it up but failing evident by the glares received from Karen's mother.

Both sides clapped and smiled at the six bridesmaids, faith walked down next to Karen's younger sister, a teenager who was nice enough, Karen's mother and cousin both walked together and Hayley was at the back aiding Karen and Neil's 2 year old daughter  Lena.

Faith and Hayley both rushed to sit with val as soon as they had made it to the front, neither wanting to be stood for longer than necessary.

~

Luckily faith had a say in the seating plan meaning she was planted between the two Goodman boys, Hayley between Jonny and Jackie while Martin sat next to Adam, they were placed fairly far back away from the head table to avoid the need to look as if they were paying attention to anything that was being said.

"I hated that and I hate this " Faith mumbled leaning closer to Adam and Martin and the other three members of their table seemed half interested in the speeches which where taking place.

"It was horrible! Although I did find it funny when she tripped and hit her face on that table" Adam chuckled catching Jonnys attention.

"You could say she 'stubbed her toe" Jonny laughed at his own joke holding his hand up to fist bump Hayley but just being met with a concerned and unamused look. "Yeah ok" but Faith couldn't help herself, she slapped her hand over her mouth after erupting with laugher, it was an unexpected joke and the most amusing thing to happen in the full day so far.

"Karen was talking about her dead dad faith" Jackie exclaimed leaning round to slap the girls arm as the room full of people all began to listen to Karen's speech once again.

"I'm sorry but Jonny was actually funny for once" she giggled shoving the last piece of her roast into her mouth.

"I'm just naturally that funny you know" Jonny smirked once again attempting a fist bump from Hayley but being turned down again.

"Shut up your occasionally somewhat funny" Hayley rolled her eyes hoping to shatter his ego.

"I think we need to get Jonny dancing later and Adam! That's always a sight" Faith wiggled her eyebrows at her sister and Jackie knowing full well that if the boys got some drinks in them it was gonna be a fun night with a lot of dad dancing, one time Jonny even did the robot.

"Do you remember when Jonny boo did the robot?" Jackie asked remembering faiths 18th birthday like it was yesterday.

"It wasn't half bad if we're being honest" Hayley chuckled, she wasn't wrong sometimes the boys moved weren't completely awful.

"No no I'm not dancing" Jonny defended throwing his napkin onto the table in protest.

"Okay and how many beers have you had? Because I've seen At least 5 so once you finish the one Martin has just bought you you'll be at Macarena level" Hayley grinned going to lift the glass up to Jonnys mouth "so drink up... Jonny boo" she mocked the nickname knowing he hated it being used by anyone but his mother.

Jonny didn't look even the slightest bit amused but took the glass downing the drink anyway as alcohol did make him a little more fun. 

"Come on then" Faith encouraged grabbing both boys hands as Hayley followed shortly after already swaying as she walked. "Dance with Hayley" she pushed Adam over to Hayley who was in her own world of dancing already the few too many gin and tonics to cure the nerves had really gone straight through her.

"Yes Jonny!" She laughed as he actually grabbed her hand for once and began to dance, he spun her to the quite fast paced song, holding hands as if to slow dance but swaying around to the beat of the song.

"You know Hayley is basically in love with Adam right" She explained as Jonny pulled her in to the slightly slower song.

"Mhmm I think Adam has a thing for her aswell" he raised his eyebrows resting his arms around her waist.

"There both to worried to say anything About it" she presumed nudging her head over to the two who where awkwardly slow dancing by themselves but together, they were touching but they swayed as the calm music played.

"We might have to do something at some point" he suggested as he too watched the much older but Much shyer pair.

"Definitely"

~

"Here" Jonny handed Faith and Adam two shots each.

"I can't wait to go home" she groaned looking down at the dark liquid filled shot glasses in front of them, it was late and a fair few had gone home due to having work or kids that needed to be dealt with.

"That makes two of us" Adam agreed grabbing one of his shots preparing to take it.

"Three" Jonny corrected lifting the small glass and downing it.

Adam and Faith copied his actions as the liquid burnt their throats. "I hate sambuca and you know that" she hit Jonny lightly but soon picked up her other glass to shot it.

"Yeh but it's funny, tequila makes you easy and that's good because you start flirting with random men and it is hilarious to watch" He explained putting emphasis on how hilarious it truly was.

"It is really funny to watch faith" Adam agreed leaning on the bar and laughing along with his brother.

"I have a boyfriend"

"Yeh well he doesn't matter" Jonny chuckled motioning to the room with a few boys around their age.

"If you neck your drink I'll go talk to anyone you choose" she offered, Jonny looked down at his full pint of lager not wanting to waste the newly bought drink he declined with a shake of his head.

"Yeah I'm good thanks"

"Pussy"

"Faith?" Adam tried to catch her attention but his eyes stayed trained on a middle aged couple who had just walked through the doors. "I thought you're parents weren't invited"

"They're not!" She sipped her drink and began to turn away from the bar to see what Adam was taking about "or Karen said they weren't- that bitch"

"That is them isn't it?"Jonny questioned having not seen them in so many years.

"Mhmm" she confirmed holding on tightly to Jonnys arm for some form of support, the three stood in shock unsure of what to do, Faith couldn't even imagine seeing her parents and now she might have to talk to them.