Eighteen

"This foods delicious Jackie thank you" Faith smiled putting another bite of lasagna into her mouth, all four kids had decided to stay the whole day as Jackie cook them dinner and they were most likely going to end up staying that night again.

"I haven't eaten this food in months, it's crazy how much I don't cook for myself" Hayley agreed scoffing her food down as if she was in a time limit.

"Yeh it's a lovely bit of squirrel!" Martin exclaimed and broke into laughter at his own joke.

"Aw thank you my lovelies! It really wasn't that much bother" she smiled down at the two girls ignoring her husbands mediocre joke. "Didn't Karen look lovely last night"

"I did love the dress! And that train was gorgeous it felt like it went on forever" Hayley explained moving her arms around as if to show of the dress "I mean the amount she paid for it I wouldn't have expected less"

"How much did she pay for it?"

"Oo well I can say but it's more than she can afford" Hayley giggled knowing she had promised to not tell anyone.

"It's was £10,000 for a fucking dress she'll wear once" Faith spat out Hayley knew Faith would get frustrated and just tell them and she was fine with the Goodman's knowing but she wouldn't be caught dead being the one to tell them. "It's ridiculous"

"We'll if it made her happy"

"No mum that is ridiculous" Jonny knocked along agreeing with his best friend "could of bought a car with that amount"

"Could have bought two cars" Adam joined in with the slander.

The doorbell rang making all six of them jump as both boys sprung to answer it.

"Il loo it!" Adam shouted louder pushing Jonny back into his seat as he disappeared through the door.

The room sat in silence waiting for Jim's inevitable appearance but it never came but instead Adam shouted for Faith to follow him.

"Faith!"

"What?"

"Come here"

She threw her napkin down taking a sip of her water before making her to to who she presumed was Jim, but of course she was wrong Alex was stood there swaying and clearly drunk, his forehead screwed together and his fists clenching around nothing. His eyebrows noted together as he saw her wild smile, oh what she expected to be a nice visit.

"Can I talk to you please?" He asked in a somewhat calm tone but it's was obvious by his slurred words that he had been drinking.

"Do you want me to stay?" Adam mumbled holding her shoulder slightly but soon leaving she she shrugged him off with a shake of her head, he hesitated as he notes the mans aggressive stance and taking into account his past actions best soon left agreeing with himself he'd only make it worse.

"What would you like?" She asked as she crossed her arms leaning against the doorframe.

"I want to talk about you cheating on me" he tried to step closer but fell backwards as she put a hand out to stop him, he quickly stood back up unfazed by the fall and soon again approaching her.

"I'm not cheating on you" he blank expression only files his anger, he was so emotional over something which barely effected her, and of course she was telling the truth she'd never cheat on anyone, she can be cold but cheating isn't in her nature.

"Well I think your cheating!" He finally shouted loosing what he thought to be a cool composure but instead just confirming faiths suspicions of him being drinks and presumably high.

"Your being stupid! Have this conversation with me when your sober!" She suggested pointing back to the road in hopes that he'd soon leave "I'll give you a lift back if you want" she went to reach for her coat but was quickly pushed away and back into the hallway and Alex made his way through following her as she back against the living room door.

" Oh hi Alex!" Jackie said cheerily clearly not knowing the kind of interaction this was.

"Shut up!" He snapped not once breaking eye contact with Faith.

"You can't talk to her like that it's her house!" Faith snapped back but soon made herself quiet down as the glare he was getting her grew calm, calm Alex in the middle of an argument was definitely something to worry about, it was how he prepared himself it was as if he saved his anger for one moment just to be able to shut Faith up for good.

"You are going to get into that car right now and I am driving you home" he sighed as he pointed out to faiths car which was parked in the road by the house.

She had no choice it was this or put the goodmans at risk, so of course she chose them over herself moving down the hallway to grab her coat and bag as he followed behind.

"Faith you're not leaving!" Hayley spat as she stormed down the hallway not letting anything go any further "he's drunk and deranged"

"Oh I really wish you hadn't said that, I was starting to like you" Alex swung round slapping  faiths cheek leaving a small scrape cut from his ring "control your fucking sister Faith!"

"Faith no!" Hayley thought the younger girl out his grip slapping her arms and chest to get him to let go of her arms "let her go!" She kicked at him and tried her best but her being a 5,4 skinny little girl was no match for Alex's 6'2 self.

"Right get off them both now" Martin finally stepped in after getting over his moment of shock, he wasn't a very scary man how ever he'd always try his best when his family was at risk.

But Faith had had enough, she saw the goodmans stood there unsure of what to do, shock and upset overtaking them, Hayley the poor girl was trying her best and Martin who seemed to be doing mainly shouting and Alex somehow still kept calm and rolled his eyes at the protests, she wasn't even sure was she was doing her body was moving much faster than her mind and it wasn't till afterwards once Alex's hands had left her that the realisation that she had finally hit him back hit her.

Of course very one was shocked Alex couldn't believe what she had done, because in his eyes he was the one being wronged and she had just abused him he couldn't believe that the women he loved would do such a thing, because he only ever saw himself as a victim poor little Alex never did anything wrong.

"Get out" she spat watching him recoil back into his shelf, all confidence, security and self worth drained from him and of course he eventually back out the door allowing Martin to slam it in his face.

"I'm going to my bloody shed" Martin soon pushed past everyone , not a single word being said or even a movement they all just stood in shock looking at the door.

A/n: anyone wanna write for me please and thank you

I literally have no motivation and this is so bad I'm really sorry 😭😭