Twenty two

"Definitely fancy's her" Adam scoffed after hearing a in detail story of Jonnys day at work, seemed that himself and his boss Elizabeth where a little too close.

"Oh Adam i think someone's phoning you" Jonny grinned before adams phone began to vibrate and sing. 'My bald never dropped' was repeated over and over in jonnys fake Adam voice.

"It quite catchy actually" Faith swayed scrunching her nose as Jonny ruffled her hair smiling down at her.

"Feeling better now?" Jackie asked her husband as he walked in clutching his eye.

"Boys does my eye smell?" Martin bent down in a attempt to get jonny to smell his eye , Faith
was pushed between the two boys who were desperately stretching to get away from their father, Faith must had missed something.

"What's going on?" She  asked looking round as the boys Both pulled away from their fathers eye.

"So how's living at val and Leary's going love?" Jackie smiled changing the subject quickly.

"How you'd imagine" she let out a breathy laugh " last Sunday , our roast dinner was called off and put on again about 15 times all because val thought there had been three world wars"

"Sounds about right, the bloody pillocks" Martin grunted flinging his arm back and throwing a small cup of eye wash back and onto Faith.

"Right brilliant" she mumbled wiping her eye to flick the remanence of the liquid out of her eyelashes. "Just what I needed"

**

"Jonny come here" Faith chuckled pulling him into the empty dining room.

"What?" He moaned walking through the door, shoulders slumped.

"Notice anything different " she grinned moving around to wave her hands around Adams chair.

He just stared blankly at men seeing no noticeable difference to the seating arrangement.

"Here, I found some thumbtacks in one of your dads weird draws" she pulled out the chair dragging her best friend around the table to look "so I put them on Adams chair"

"That's never going to work" he dead panned pushing the chair back under the table and going to leave the room.

"Fine" she huffed rushing round to stop him again " let's do this" she picked up martins eye wash pouring a good amount into adams glass of water.

"Brilliant" not a single bit of emotion in his face or voice.

"Oh cheer up your miserable old git" she hit his arm throwing a tantrum at her friends mood.

**

Faith sat picking at her food feeling a little down after her thumbtack plan had worked perfectly sending Adam shooting up out of his seat and yet jonny barely moved his thrown into a smile.

"Do you have to do that at the table?" Jackie pulled Faith from her thoughts as she complained to her husband about his persistent eye washing at the dinner table.

"Martin do you want me too look at it? Make sure your eyes okay?" Faith smiled taking a sip of her wine.

"No no faith I'm fine like this" he dismissed her looking over as the liquid leaked from the cup on his face.

"Soooo we gonna try out the car later? Go for a family spin?" Jonny looked proudly at his mother, finally cracking somewhat of a smile.

"House" Adam corrected jokingly.

"I'll show you the new office aswell" Jonny suggested clearly trying to ignore his older brother.

"Oh will we meet liz?" Faith asked trying to make conversation and keep the now somewhat cheery boy happy.

"Sorry your new girlfriend" Adam joked again.

"Mum? When are Adams balls gonna drop?" The youngest snapped back as Jackie let out a cackle.

"Well he's almost 30 so he's probably half way there" she raised her eyebrows going along with the joke.

Adam glared both of them before going to take a drink which they had put eye drops in, he spat it back out into his drink, Faith was only thank full it wasn't in her like usual.

"What was that? You bastard!"

"Ooo it's eyedrops"

"Ooo it's a Potato" Adam mocked Jonny's voice dropping a potato into Jonny's drink.

"Kids!" Jackie exclaimed before a strange beeping noise could be heard from the upstairs office.

"Is the phone ringing?"

"Nope it's his new toy" Jackie laughed pointing at Martin.

"A fax machine" he smiled

                                       **

Jonny left the room as his phone started ringing, they all just stared ignoring the noise until Adam spoke up.

"It's Jonny's"

"Oh just leave it" Jackie suggested before calling Jonny back into the room for him to answer his own call

"It's Liz!"

"Just leave it Adam" Faith snapped, she was annoyed at her friend for being so grumpy the whole night but she wouldn't let Adam effect his job.

But of course Adam had to answer it.

A/N: I'm fully aware this is short and bad

But like I don't care lol sorry