Twenty four

"I can't wait to see your mum" Faith smiled jumping up onto the counter in the goodman's kitchen watching as Jackie stirred a pot on the stove.

"Yes it'll be lovely she keeps asking 'where jonny's wife is'" she snorts pushing some chopped food off her chopping board and into her pan. "Can you just chop up these apples for me? They're already peeled" she motioned to some apples in a bowel next to a chopping board on the counter.

" wife?" She screwed up her face moving to pick up a knife to fulfill Jackie's request.

" Well you of course, my mother still hasn't grasped the concept of the two of your being friends"

"Think I'd die if I ever even dated Jonny, F1 and football on the Tv all the time, him taking up the entire bed and not to mention the hours we work, I'd have to cook all our meals I think he would die of poisoning within a week" she scoffed the thought of the two dating seeming so alien to her.

"Well I don't know, I think you'd work it out. People do anything when they're in love" she raised her eyebrows placing all her dirty dishes into the sink.

"Good job I'm not in love then" she laughed, pushing some of the apples into the baking dish next to her. "Not sure I could put up with the smell of him after football training"

"Well with how fast he's going he might be married soon" Jackie laughed.

"Jonny's still with crazy tits then" Faith tried to hold in her laughter topping the apples off with jackies crumble mix.

"Yep crazy tits is still in the picture" she snorted before hearing the door bell ring.

"Want me to get it?" Faith asked throwing her head back at the idea of needing to talk to someone.

"Nah can you just check the meat please" she smiled walking out as Faith  jumped down looking for the oven glove.

She soon found them pulling the oven door open and poking at the meat a little, she had no real idea of wether the meat was done or not, it looked cooked on the outside but there was a fair bit of blood still leaking from it.

"What is that smell?"  She heard Adam exclaim from the hallway disgusted by the revolting smell travelling through the house.

"Oh it's that cupboard" Jackie pointed to it, fed up with her husbands antics.

"Don't open it" both Faith and Jackie warned him as the younger of the two came flying round the corner into the hallway, however it was too late and Adam swung the door open letting the stench envelop them all. Martin had already shown Faith the cupboard 5 times and offered her some of the fish 3 times since she had arrived at the house much earlier in the day after finishing work.

"Ahh I told you" Jackie groaned as Faith hit Adam on the back of the arm.

"Is that fish?" Jonny bent down getting a closer look at the cupboard but soon retracting himself as he regretted his actions. Faith could stand it any longer as she made her way back into the kitchen putting the meat in the oven and turning the oven up a little further.

Martin soon walked through the kitchen door ignoring Faith as he already greeted her and went to see his sons still stood in the stinking hallway.

She had heard them all leaving the hallway assuming it meant the danger cupboard had been closed and  Faith could walk through again, She followed them all through, the smell still lingering.

"Who's that crazy tits?" Martin asked as Jonny struggled to get Adam off him as his phone received a few texts "Is that the old woman he's seeing?"

"She's not an old woman"Jonny huffed finally surrendering his seat to Adam.