Nine

"Hayley we've got Karen's wedding next Saturday you can't make plans" Faith exclaimed down the phone climbing out of Alex's car on their way to the goodman house.

"Which one is it honey?" He asked as the pair walked across the pavement having had to park a little down the street from their house.

"Number 23" she replied grabbing hold of his hand and trialing behind him listening to her sister complain down the phone to her "Hayley I'm not doing this right now! You cancel the date and that's the end of if" she cut her sister off slipping the phone into her back pocket and pushing him a little into the drive way of their house.

"Be Nice!" Faith ordered before knocking the door and waiting for one of the family members to answer.

"Yes obviously" he replied ducking his head down and shaking it to mock the girl in front of him.

"Hi Faith" Adam smiled opening the door but froze once he had saw the 6'4 man stood next to her.

"Hi babe" Jonny greeted going to pull the girl into the hug but froze similarly to Adam when Alex was also at the door to greet him.

"I um hi babe?" She replied but her tone made it sound more like a question.

"What?" Alex scoffed, his mind flying to al losers of dark places.

"I'm sorry" Adam panicked looking back into the hallway as a girl who Faith definitely remembered walked through the living room door "it's a long story"

"Wait who's that?" Tanya green, the girl that Faith remembered to be a bit of a bitch in school asked as she stood between the two goodman boys.

"Oh um that's" Jonny was stuck for an answer and kept looking between the couple for help.

"Oh I'm faiths brother" Alex smiled reaching out to shake her hand with a smile, weird behaviour from him.

"Okay well come on in" Adam finally offered after a few seconds of awkward silence between the five barely adults.

"Okay so Um could we maybe have a small family meeting in the kitchen?" Faith asked through clenched teeth motioning for them to step into the kitchen.

"Yes Tanya can you give us a minute?" Jackie smiled pushing her family through the door and into the kitchen.

"Right what the bloody hell is going on?"

"I'm so sorry Faith I didn't know Alex was coming and I knew you two" he paused to motion with way to much aggression at his brother and friend before continuing "would be annoying me the whole night so I thought it would be funny!"

"So I have to pretend to be my girlfriends brother?" Alex interjected pushing his way into the group.

"Well it won't be for Long, can we all just try and keep calm?" Jackie pleaded placing a baking tray into the oven with some kind of food on it.

"I'm not kissing him" Faith snapped turning to point at Jonny.

"I'm not kissing her" he agreed copying her actions and almost hitting her in the process.

"Of course your not kissing her Jonny she's got a boyfriend" Martin hit his sons arm as if telling him off. "And it's not you"

"No martin we have to pretend that Jonny is her boyfriend" Jackie attempted to explain to her husband but it didn't seem like he would understand any time soon.

"Wait so Faith has two boyfriends?" The goodman father asked pointing between Alex and his youngest son.

"No martin Alex is my brother tonight" she explained but instantly regretted it once martins face grew even more confused.

"Well if that's what you're in to" he exclaimed raising his eyebrows and making his way out of the room, the group all gave each other tired stares before following him out and into the living room.

"Hi Tanya" Faith smiled sitting on the floor next to Alex to opposite tanya's sofa.

"Hi faith " she smiled "I don't remember you having a brother"

"Oh well uh he was adopted" she spat out any excuse to not get found out.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah" Alex agreed nodding along to complete lies she was telling.

Soon Adam and Jonny joined them in the living room, Adam sat next to Tanya as they were apparently on a date while Jonny chose the floor next to Faith to reinforce their lie.

"Oh Faith you should of seen the photos we had out earlier" Jackie gasped handing her a small heavy blue box, she opened it up and a few photos slid out which Alex picked up and began to look at the photo of himself, Faith , Jonny , Adam and a few of there other friends at a party when they were teenagers. Alex was only friends with them since they were around 17 but a few photos were found in the box of him.

"Look it's you and Gee" she laughed holding up a photo of the two teenagers sat on a sofa jonnys arm around the much smaller girl both holding up their middle fingers at each other.

"It's me and Hayley" Faith exclaimed pointing the photo in jonny's direction for him to see the two girls in fur coats and their mother's high heels.

"You can keep that on me we have the spare framed In the spare bedroom" passed it back to her admiring her smile as she flipped through the photos, it was strange to see Faith so genuinely happy especially just from some old photos.

"No you don't that's so embarrassing" she had suddenly realised what he had said and a complete look of shock and disgust drew onto her face.

"Who that?" Alex asked holding up a photo of two toddlers who couldn't of been much older then two kissing.

"Oh I'm not sure" Faith mumbled showing Jonny who only answered with a shrug. "Martin who's that?"

"Oh I remember when this was taken, it's you and Jonny at Adams 4th birthday" he explained tapping his wife so she'd look round.

"That's you and Jonny!" Alex spat out forgetting the arrangement they had made tonight "oh how cute"

"Aw you two have always been so cute" Tanya smiles "Alex you must be proud your sister has a real catch"

"Yeh so proud" he rolled his eyes getting up but stopping himself in the doorway. "Is there anywhere I can smoke?"

A/n: I'm not even gonna bother telling you it's not proof read anymore lol