Chapter 5: the park

Zane's PoV

I was sitting on my bed when I received a message from Aphmau.

Aph: zaneeeeeee

Zuzu: what

Aph: can you commmmeeeeeee?

Zuzu: where?

Aph: da parkkkkkkkkkkk?

Zuzu: no

Aph: pweassssssss *puppy dog eyes*

Zuzu: Aph is doesn't work if you write what your doing.

Aph: PLEASE ZANE!!!!

Zuzu: why should I?

Aph: Travis and Katelyn will be there

Zuzu: oh yeah then I'll 100% go

Aph: really?

Zuzu: of course not!

Aph: cupcakes

Zuzu: cupcakes?

Aph: cupcakes

Zuzu: I'll be there in a minute

I put down my phone and sighed at how easy she was able to convince me. God I really need to learn how to resist cupcakes.

I ran to go get changed, then I put on my mask, grabbed my phone and walked out the door.

On my way to Aph's house for some reason the only thing on my mind was Travis. Maybe the fact that today like any other day he was going to get beat up. But it wasn't that, i don't even know what it was, an unknown feeling lingered inside of me.

Finally I arrived at Aphmau's and knocked on the door. A while after a short raven haired girl opened the door and invited me in.

" you better have my cupcakes ready by tomorrow," I mumbled under my breath

" I will," she giggled

I sighed and walked inside. Me and Aphmau went to watch my little horsies while waiting for Katelyn to come out of her room and Travis to arrive.

Time skip

We were so intrigued in the episode we didn't hear the door open.

" hey Aph hey zaneeee," the white haired Casanova said while smirking

I turned around quickly, I could feel my face heat up behind my mask.

"Hey Travis!" Aphmau exclaimed

"So what are you two doing?" He asked the smirk still plastered on his face

" I-," I began but was interrupted by Aphmau defending me

"I was just forcing Zane here to watch my little horsies with me," she said

" uh?" Travis said in a tone of voice that said he didn't believe her

" Katelyn are you ready!" Aph shouted turning off the tv

The blue haired girl slowly walked down the stairs, a frown on her face.

I stood up and walked out the door. Behind me I heard Travis flirt with Katelyn, then I heard a slap, sounded like it hurt.

Time skip

When we arrived at the park, Travis continued to follow Katelyn around like a dog flirting with her every second he could. Of course he got hit a couple of thousand times. Aph and I talked for a while until we heard another slap, but it was louder than usual.

When we turned around we couldn't see Travis. Instead we saw an angry bluenette stomping away quickly.

"Katelyn!" Aphmau called running after her

That left me alone. Still no clue of were Travis was, wait why do I even care?

I walked over to a tree and sat down leaning against it. From the other side I heard muffled cries.

I sat there listening to them for a minute before I finally decided to stand up and walk to the other side of the tree.

There sat Travis. His white hair messy,  he was hugging his legs which he was crying into. He didn't notice me.

"Travis," I said in a soft voice

He quickly looked up, his hair falling over one of his eyes like mine. Quickly he wiped away the tears that fell down his face, but more just formed and rolled down his face again.

He had cuts and bruises all over his body. On one side of his cheek was a read mark in the shape of a handprint the other had a bleeding cut on it. His emerald eye showed, pain, sadness, hurt and another feeling I didn't know. She really hit him hard.

I sat down next to him. I was never really good with comforting people, so we sat there in silence. Listening to his sorrowful sobs.

The next thing I did surprised me a bit. I was sitting there embracing Travis in a tight hug.

A few minutes later

After a few minutes we both pulled away. Tears still rolled down his face but slower and his sobs turned silent. I got a message from Aph.

Aph: zane I need to take Katelyn home to calm her down, see ya later.

Zuzu: okay

I put my phone back in my pocket and stood up. Once I was up I held out my hand to help Travis to his feet.

We started to walk back towards mystreet in silence. But there was something between the silence, it wasn't the awkward kind, it was comforting as felt nice. I smiled to myself behind my mask.

When we got to Travis's house he turned around and quickly hugged me.

"Thank you," he whispered in my ear, before pulling away and walking inside

I stumbled away towards my house. The only thing on my mind again was Travis, but why?