Chapter 12: more than friends

Garroth's PoV

I got up from the couch to get myself a drink. I turned on the tap and watched it run, sighing to myself quietly. Before I could grab a glass out of the cupboard I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist.

I turned my head slightly to see Laurance hugging me tightly.

"Laurance?" I asked, turning off the tap again

He slowly let go of me and I turned fully around to face him.

"Garroth.... Do you know how we've been friends for a really long time?" He asked me slowly

"Yeah?" I said

"W-Well...there's a...secret, I've kept from you for a long time too," he said, looking disappointed

I pulled the small, brunette into a hug, trying to comfort him.

"It's okay, you know you can tell me anything, you're my friend-" I started

"I don't want to be your friend!" He shouted, interrupting me from saying anything else.

Those words hurt me. He pulled away from the hug, which hurt me even more. I could see tears in his eyes too.

"L-Laur-" I started

"I-I wanna be m-more," he said

"B-best friends?" I said

" No!" He shouted again

"Then what!" I was shouting too now

He started crying, I didn't know what to do.

" no Garroth...I wanna be more...more than friends...more than best friends," he said between sobs

"B-"

"Lovers! I wanna be lovers,"

And those were the words I never thought would have came out of Laurance's mouth.

I pulled him into another hug, this time he didn't pull away. He hugged me back, crying into my chest.

"G-Garroth I l-love you," he said, his voice shaking as he continued to cry

"Laur, I love you too," I said, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead

He looked up at me with disbelief, but his eyes shone with happiness and love. He gave me a weak smile before nuzzling his head back into my chest.

After awhile I decided to pick the brunette up and carry him to his room.

When I placed him down on his bed he wouldn't let go of my shirt. Instead he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep, even if he knew I knew he was actually awake. I rolled my eyes and got into bed with him. A smirk spread across his face as he cuddled up to me. I wasn't able to help the smirk that spread across my face too.

(A/n): YESSSSS!!!! One ship down!!!