- one -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

'monochrome. that's how the world used to look, but the moment i saw senpai, the world became colorful.'

Momo's routine usually began at 4 AM when she wakes up from her eight hour slumber. Up and out of bed, she made her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower that typically lasted five to ten minutes. When she got out, she completely dried off and put on her school uniform that had been stained pink from a mishap a long time ago. Afterward, she made her way into the kitchen to begin preparing her boxed lunches like she always did. She filled the containers with food, being extra careful to separate them by food type. Once she finished that, she wrapped the bentos up and placed a handwritten note on it.

Returning to her room upstairs, she finished her routine by getting completely ready for school. She pulled up her thigh high socks and put on her sweater which used to be cream colored but was now dark pink. She applied very little make-up, feeling like her skin would get messed up if she put too much. Make-up was banned at school anyway.

"I think Senpai will like it." Momo exclaimed to herself as she smiled in the mirror. The slight change in appearance inflicted a small hope in her that he'd at least notice and acknowledge it. She joyfully imagined the scenario in her mind of him reacting to the small change.

"Morning, Senpai!" Momo greeted as she spotted the familiar upperclassmen.

His eyes slid over to hers, slightly widening when he saw her hair tied up in pigtails instead of a half-up ponytail. A small blush graced his cheeks as his hand flew up to cover his face. "Momo-chan, you're..." He stammered, struggling to reply to her. "..too cute."

"I love you too, senpai!" Momo's face lit up as her cheeks burned pink.

She was brought back to reality by the intrusive thought that he would genuinely not react that way, and she knew that. Nonetheless, she was still upset that her tiny daydream ended so quickly.

Can't you let a girl dream? She thought with a small pout sitting on her plump pink lips.

Recovered from her silly heartbreak earlier, Momo packed the bentos into her bag and slung it over her shoulders. She skipped over to the door and sat down to put on her shoes. Once they were on properly, she threw the front door open and headed off in the direction of her school.

"So pretty." She whispered under her breath as she admired the beautiful morning sky that had multiple colors within it. The ombre of orange and red made the sky look so wonderful. It was the best part of waking up early.

She pranced onto school grounds, grinning brightly as she headed into the school. Automatically, she made a beeline for the second year classrooms which was a complete different direction from her own classroom. Soft hums exited her lips as she skipped over to the door that belonged to class 2-5 and stood before it.

Without hesitation, she knocked on the door and awaited an answer. Her ears perked up when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching the door. Her smile slightly broadened when the door slid open to reveal a familiar upperclassman.

His soft green hair was longer than it was last year, needing to be put up in a small half-up ponytail at the back of his head. His cheeks were littered with small freckles that accented his naturally rosy cheeks. A welcoming smile sat upon his lips as he glanced down at Momo who returned the smile.

"Morning, Tadacchi!" Momo greeted gleefully, throwing her arms around his waist as she hugged him tightly. He chuckled softly, patting her head as he hugged her back. When she pulled away, she glanced around for the upperclassman she was looking for. "Where's senpai?"