- twenty-six -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

Momo arrived to school late, jogging over to her classroom. Usually, she'd arrive early to give Tsukishima his bento, but she woke up late for once.

After spending the weekend at Tsukishima's house, she was so happy that she didn't even hear her alarm blaring in her ear.

Sliding open her classroom door, she spotted Shinohara sitting in the back of the classroom like usual. The brunette scurried over to her seat, sitting down as soon as the late bell rang.

"Phew, I made it." Momo exhaled in relief, smiling at Shinohara who shook her head at Momo.

"Jeez, you're so scatter-brained." Shinohara muttered, eliciting a sheepish laugh out of Momo.

"Sorry! I was having a nice dream!" Momo explained, bringing a smirk to Shinohara's lips.

"Dreaming about your honey boy? What? Did you guys smooch this weekend?" Shinohara teased, chuckling when Momo's face turned bright red.

"We didn't, but we slept together." Upon seeing Shinohara's look of disbelief, Momo quickly changed her words. "Slept in the same bed! Not s-sleep together."

"Ahh, I see." Shinohara wriggled her eyebrows at Momo who covered her face, embarrassed beyond compare. "Are you guys okay now?"

Momo smiled softly, knowing Shinohara cared for both of their sakes. "Yeah, I'm really happy."

Shinohara rested her cheek on the palm of her hand as she propped it up on the desk. "Then that's all that matters."

"Girls in the back, focus."

Lunch rolled around, and Momo found herself sitting at her desk with her head down. Shinohara has gone off to buy some milk and bread while Momo waited for her.

The door slid open, eliciting a bunch of gasps from people within the room. Footsteps approached her desk until there was a soft bang on her desk.

Lifting her head, Momo found a small bento wrapped in dinosaur print furoshiki. Her head slid upwards to the person who stood before and nearly choked on her saliva when she saw Tsukishima.

His cheeks had a subtle pink hue that went unnoticed by Momo. His eyes were slightly thinned as he looked down at Momo with a smirk.

"You suddenly forget that we eat lunch on the roof together?" Tsukishima muttered quietly, loud enough for only Momo to hear. His smirk broadened when her cheeks went 'OOOF' and turned bright red.

"I-I forgot." She stammered, picking up the bento that he placed on her desk. He grabbed her hand, pulling her out of her seat.

"Well, hurry up. Let's go." Tsukishima muttered, dragging her out of the classroom by her hand. Her classmates whispered, shocked that Tsukishima was the one coming to Momo now.

"What's this for?" Momo asked, motioning to the bento that sat in the palm of her free hand. Tsukishima slowed down, glancing over at Momo.

"You've been making me so many bentos, so I thought I'd show you my gratitude." Tsukishima admitted quietly, shooting her a smirk afterwards. "Don't get used to it though."

Momo smiled up at Tsukishima, holding the bento close to her heart. 'I love you even more everyday.'

"Momo-chan, you made it!" Yamaguchi greeted as he saw Tsukishima and Momo coming through the door. He waved them down, grinning at Momo who held onto Tsukishima's hand. "Are you guys finally dating now?"

Momo immediately rushed to let go of Tsukishima's hand, worried he'd say something that would unintentionally hurt her. His grip on her hand slightly tightened, keeping her hand in his.

He took a seat, shaking his head softly. He tugged her hand, pulling her to sit down too. "Nah, we're pending."

"Pending?" Both Momo and Yamaguchi asked in surprise. Tsukishima nodded, unfazed by their reactions.

"Just as I said. There's some things you have to do before you date someone." Tsukishima shrugged, peering at Momo who was stunned.

"Like what?" Yamaguchi asked, confused by what he meant.

Tsukishima smirked at the two of them, swatting the air. "You'll find out. We can't be hasty."

While Tsukishima munched on his small lunch, Momo was busy dazing off. 'WE'RE PENDING?? THAT MEANS HE THINKS OF ME AS A POTENTIAL GIRLFRIEND?! WHAT THINGS DO WE HAVE TO DO BEFORE THEN?! I-'

"Shorty, you better eat before the bell rings." Tsukishima warned, stealing a strawberry from her bento. She flushed bright red, nodding her head as she began to scarf down her food. It was delicious.

At the Tsukishima household

Hitomi sat on the couch with Akiteru in front of her. The male was home because it was his day off, which was a rare thing. They sat across from each other, not saying a word as they covered their mouths.

Blinking rapidly, his mother leaned forward and picked up Akiteru's phone. The screen had a photo of her son doing something she had never seen before.

"Kei made a bento for someone?!" She shouted, swiping through the collection of photos Akiteru had taken early this morning. "Oh my god! I hope it was for Momo-chan!"

"It was. I saw the note he put on top." Akiteru said as he smirked, knowing his brother was whipped for this girl. Hitomi grinned, pleased with the fact that her son wasn't an idiot to ignore such a cute girl.

"Tsukishima Momo. Sounds good, right?" Hitomi exclaimed, earning an energetic from Akiteru. "Ahh, I can't wait for them to get married!"

Some happy Tsukishima.

"Achoo!" Momo sneezed, covering her nose with her sleeve. Tsukishima handed her a tissue, pulling a face at her.

"I swear to god if you get sick again, I'm not taking care of you." Tsukishima muttered, recalling how he got sick after he kis...kissed her. It was through a mask, and I still got sick.

"I'm gonna buy some milk." Yamaguchi excuses himself, sensing something was about to happen that he probably shouldn't see.

"Hey, did I ever get my kiss? I studied so hard, but I don't remember getting my kiss!" Momo whined with a pout. Tsukishima pinched her cheeks, smirking slightly.

"Y-" He trailed off, choosing a different decision that his original one. "You didn't. You were sick. I wasn't about to kiss a sick person."

"You got sick anyway!" Momo pointed out, bringing a snicker out of the blonde male. She leaned forward, getting closer to Tsukishima. "I want my kiss!"

"What's the magic word?" Tsukishima smirked, watching her cheeks slightly puff up.

"Please."

Tsukishima let go of her cheeks, allowing his hands to slide across her cheeks to grab her face. Her eyes fluttered closed as he got closer, pulling her into him.

Their lips touched, making internal fireworks go off in Momo's head. Her heart soared through the sky like a free bird. This was too much for her.

A gasp escaped her lips when Tsukishima's tongue slid across her bottom lip before he pulled away. She covered her mouth, nearly falling over from shock.

Tsukishima licked his lips, throwing Momo a teasing smirk. "You taste sweet."

Momo almost had a nosebleed from his words. She blushed brightly red, covering her face as she faced away from him. "It's because I was eating the strawberries you packed!"

"Heheh, they'll be a great couple." Yamaguchi mumbled to himself as he walked over to the two, sitting down where he previously was. He was somewhat glad he hadn't seen what made Momo so flustered.

"Now that makes kiss number two." Tsukishima whispered in her ear, watching her scoot away as she held her ear that tingled.

"TWO?!"