- twenty -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

"Thank you, Satocchi!" Momo exclaimed as she tucked the Jump magazine into her bag. Tendou waved it off, sipping on the coffee in between his hands. Momo dipped on her chocolate milk, grinning brightly as she enjoyed the taste.

"What's in the bag?" Tendou asked, motioning over to the bag that sat on the floor beside the table.

After Tendou bought Momo and himself a Shonen Jump, he invited her to an nearby cafe where they were currently sat. Momo was more than delighted to get to the know the male who she knew of from his match last year against Karasuno.

"Ah, it's a gift for one of my senpais!" Momo exclaimed, beaming at Tendou who quirked a brow at her, nodding slightly.

"You must be a nice kouhai to have, huh?" He teased, making Momo giggle and shake her head.

"It's his birthday soon, and I wanted to do something nice for him since he's the guy I like." Momo admitted shamelessly, earning a surprised look from Tendou.

"Wow, how lucky. Does he know you like him?" Tendou questioned, sipping his coffee leisurely. When Momo nodded, he nearly spat his coffee everyone. "And you guys aren't dating??"

Momo nodded, earning a look of belief from Tendou. "Why?"

"That's just...surprising." Tendou shrugged, earning a sheepish chuckle from Momo.

"It's just that senpai has never accepted nor rejected me, so I just stick around." Momo confessed, earning a small nod from Tendou.

So he's one of those guys. Tendou thought, placing his coffee down. He propped his elbow on the table and leaned forward, resting his chin on his palm. "What's his name?"

"Tsukishima Kei!" Momo exclaimed happily, catching Tendou off guard. Not long after, he let out a hearty laugh full of amusement.

"You like the normal guy!" Tendou pointed out, making Momo giggle, slightly confused. Suddenly, he sobered up and pointed at the air. "Well, he didn't turn out to be normal though."

Tendou went on to talk about his encounter with his blonde underclassmen that Momo was interested in. He somehow found himself rambling endlessly because he liked how responsive she was. Her reactions were quite amusing too.

"Your relationship can't be all sunshine and rainbows, right?" Tendou said as he leaned on the table, instantly noticing how her expression slightly faltered. "Tell me about it."

Momo laughed weakly, sipping on the remainder of her chocolate milk. "It's...just me being greedy."

Tendou quirked an eyebrow at her as he tilted his head to the side.

Momo fiddled with her cup, feeling a bit ashamed to say things. "I just..feel like my feelings aren't reaching Tsukki-senpai. The distance between us hasn't shortened at all. I want to be more than senpai and kouhai, but I don't want to ruin things between us."

"I feel like he's getting farther away from me sometimes. I don't want to be a burden to him, but I don't wanna stop clinging to him before he leaves me for real." Based on the way Momo spoke, Tendou could tell she had a bit of unresolved issues that led to her feeling insecure about this type of thing. He chose not to pry, but settled on some advice for her.