- four -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

As Momo sat in her classroom, she hummed softly. Her eyes were trained on the tall, green trees that danced in the wind. The movement of the leaves moving rhythmically made her want to go outside and sit on a hill to enjoy the wind too.

As much as she loves to see the daytime scenery, she excitedly awaited the night sky that would be extra beautiful tonight. It was a rare sight that she'd be able to catch a glimpse of for the first time in her entire life.

I can't wait. She thought sweetly, giggling to herself as she cupped her cheeks, staring out the window with content. She was unaware of the glares that were shot in her direction as she enjoyed herself. They hated that.

"What the hell is she so happy about?" The same girl from yesterday asked as she glared holes into Momo's head. Her friends shrugged, mimicking their friend's action by glaring at Momo too. "God, she's so damn annoying."

"I heard she was walking home with Tsukishima-senpai and his best friend, Yamaguchi-senpai." A female within the group piped up, pointing at Momo who hadn't moved an inch.

The girl's eyebrows furrowed with disbelief and anger as she burned a hole into Momo's head. "There's no fucking way they would walk home with that slut. It's just a dumb rumor."

The other girl nodded stiffly, feeling like she was on the receiving on the end of her anger. "Sorry, Shinohara-san."

Shinohara clicked her tongue, throwing Momo a dark look. "I hope she knows better than to do that."

☾☾☾

"Hana-chan, how is it?" Momo questioned as she leaned over her upperclassman's shoulder. The older female chuckled, swatting Momo's head away.

"It's good. Why don't you watch from that side?" Hanako, her senpai, said as she pointed to the opposite side of the table. Momo nodded excitedly, rushing over to the other side of the table to watch from a better angle. "You know,"

The older female brushed a piece of her black hair behind her ears, glancing at Momo who met her eyes. "I never expected you to be into this kind of thing."

Images flashed through Momo's mind as those words processed in her head.

The class split off into their own tents, settling in for bed. Momo grabbed the zipper of the tent she shared with three of her junior high classmates and found that it was stuck.

"Kasai-san, can you unzip the tent?" Momo asked sheepishly, shivering slightly from the cold.

Kasai unzipped the tent slightly, throwing Momo's belongings out. "There's no space for you. Sleep outside."

Momo's mouth parted slightly as she tried to form some kind of response. In the end, the tent was closed up, and she couldn't say anything in reply, so she was forced to sleep outside.

Setting up her small sleeping bag beside the fire to keep warm, she laid down and stared up at the sky. The beautiful stars that littered the sky had her hypnotized. The cold, crisp atmosphere left Momo unbothered as she stared at the stars, mesmerized by it. The shivers that went down her spine were not from the temperature, but from pure awe.

Despite this school trip being horrible all around, that moment made it all worth it.

Momo returned to Earth when she heard the classroom door open, revealing Nagasaki-sensei walking in.