- twenty-one -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

"Clean up!" Ennoshita called out lazily as he turned on his heels, heading over to Kinoshita and Narita to help them clean up. Everyone quickly began to mop the floors and put away the nets while Yachi wiped the volleyballs.

"I just realized that Momo-chan's not here." Kaitō said as he walked over to Yachi to help her with the volleyballs. Yachi nodded, giggling softly.

"She had to do something with Kosaka-senpai." Yachi explained, not noticing that Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were listening nearby.

"Ah," Kaito said as he put the volleyballs into the basket. "Kosaka-senpai, huh?"

"Tsukki, what're you doing for your birthday?" Yamaguchi asked, making the blonde shrug with a exasperated sigh.

"Same as usual. Dinner with my family." Tsukishima muttered as he exited the gym, making his way over to the club room. After quickly changing, he made his way out of the club room and began his journey back home.

"Well, happy birthday, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi said as he handed the blonde a small bag that contained his gift. With a swift wave, Yamaguchi turned and headed towards his home down the street.

"...Thanks." Tsukishima mumbled under his breath as he held onto the bag, walking towards his house door. As he opened the door, he was greeted by an silent, dark house.

He walked inside, taking off his shoes and flicking on the light as he entered the living room. His eyes slightly widened when he saw the sight before him.

"Happy birthday, Kei!"

"Happy birthday, Tsukki-senpai!"

Tsukishima scoffed slightly, shaking his head with amusement. "What're you doing here, shorty?"

Momo grinned brightly, throwing her arms around his waist. "To celebrate your birthday!"

For once, he allowed her to hug him for a little longer than usual. Once it exceeded a minute, he peeled her arms off of him and pushed her away.

"Momo-chan planned this all for you!" Hitomi said as she smiled, motioning to the decorated living room. Tsukishima scanned the room, taking in all the decor she put up.

"It's," Tsukishima trailed off for a moment, glancing down at Momo then away. "Nice."

"I'm so happy you like it!" Momo exclaimed, shooting him a face-splitting smile. He rolled his eyes, sniggering slightly as he turned away.

"I'm gonna take a shower first, then we can eat." Tsukishima said as he made his way to his room, fully aware of the soft footsteps that followed him. He entered his room, dropping his back on his desk as he spun around to face Momo. "What're you doing?"

Momo fiddled with her hands as she smiled bashfully. "I don't wanna be away from you."

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, ruffling her hair a little harder than necessary. "You're so clingy."

"Do you hate it?" Momo pouted up at him, unintentionally giving him puppy dog eyes.

"No," A sigh escaped his lips as his fingers gently pinched her cheeks. "But I don't love it either."

He let go of her face and walked away to go shower, leaving Momo in his room. He kept the door cracked open as he showered, listening to Momo quietly hum as she read a book at his desk.

It kind of feel likes we're...nevermind.

☾☾☾

After enjoying the dinner Momo helped make, they were all settled in the living room. Hitomi had her phone out as she snapped pictures of Tsukishima receiving his gifts.