- three -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

The bell rang, signaling the end of class for the students. Everyone began to get up, exiting the room in an orderly fashion since there was no rush to get anywhere. Momo was forced to stay behind seeing as she was stuck on cleaning duty today with a few of her classmates.

"I want this room spotless." Their teacher said as she shut the door, walking away from the classroom to head home ahead of all the kids. She was supposed to be monitoring them, but chose to leave them alone.

Momo's classmates whispered to one another before laughing and turning to her. Unfortunately for her, she was stuck on duty with a group of girls that absolutely despised her.

"Momo-chan, you'll clean the classroom for us, right?" One female said with a mirthless smile on her lips. She poked Momo's shoulder with a little more force than necessary as her smile only got thinner. "Right?"

Momo stammered for a moment. "But-"

"You heard her earlier. She wants it spotless. Sensei will be angry if it's not spotless." The girl seethed, digging her nails into Momo's shoulder to somehow persuade her into agreeing.

Defeatedly, Momo bowed her head and agreed to clean the classroom while the others left. Once they exited the room, Momo felt her knees slowly give in, and she fell to the floor. What's wrong with me? What did I do wrong?

As she doubted herself after that small interaction, her classroom door slid open to reveal two upperclassmen. Their eyes scanned the empty room before landing on Momo who was sitting on the floor.

"Momo-chan?" The familiar voice of Yamaguchi made her quickly suck in any emotion she was feeling and stand up. At first, she forced a smile onto her face, but a genuine smile slipped onto her face as she approached the two who stood at the door for her. "What were you doing on the floor? And where are the others?"

"I dropped something! They went off to get some supplies from the closet, but they'll be back soon!" She smiled up at Yamaguchi then glanced at Tsukishima who leaned on the doorframe with a raised eyebrow. "Hi, Tsukki-senpai! You look really nice today!"

"Hmm." Tsukishima simply rose his eyebrows at her before glancing away from her. He knew she didn't take it badly because of the small giggle that escaped her lips.

"We came to ask if you wanna walk home with us later." Yamaguchi asked, making Momo's eyes widen with pure bafflement.

Her chocolate brown eyes glimmered brightly as she clasped her hands together. "Can I?! Can I really?!"

Yamaguchi nodded, chuckling softly at her reaction. "Yeah. I noticed you've been going home pretty late recently, so it'd be better if we walked home together."

"Thanks!" She exclaimed, beaming at both males who had different reactions. "I'll work hard and clean up nicely!"

"Okay, see you later!" Yamaguchi called, turning away from her classroom to head off to practice. Tsukishima lingered for a bit, smirking at Momo who felt nervous under his stare.

"Don't hurt yourself, shorty. You might break your tiny legs if you try too hard." Tsukishima teased as he began to walk away, snickering when he heard a gasp escape her lips.

"My legs aren't tiny, senpai! Yours are just long!" She complained, feeling a small smile grace her lips as a genuine warmth filled her chest. Every time, you always manage to make me feel better.