- seventeen -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

"Are you okay, Momo?" Kosaka asked as he walked Momo to school. Break had already begun, and the entire volleyball had gone away on their annual Tokyo training camp at Nekoma high. Momo was stuck in Miyagi for her retake test that she failed. "Your face is so red."

Momo smiled convincingly, giving him a thumbs-up. "I'm fine! Just a little nervous!"

Kosaka eyed her warily, not believing her since she didn't look too well. Nonetheless, he chose to take her word for it.

Being a third year on the student council, he volunteered to come in during break to work on some posters for the upcoming school festival. It also gave him an opportunity to hang out with Hanako since she was coming to school for club reasons.

"Good luck on your test." Kosaka gave her a grin before heading off in the direction of the student council room.

Momo took a deep breath and entered the classroom, finding a half empty class. A few familiar faces were inside, but Momo chose to ignore it and sit in the front where no one was.

After a few minutes, the test began. Momo bit the end of her pencil as her head spun slightly, making her continuously shift to regain her a steady vision. Her clammy hands gripped the pencil as she filled in each answer.

When she reached the bottom, she filled in the last answer and raised her hand. The teacher stood up from his desk, grabbing her paper out of her hand.

His eyes flickered from her paper to her face as she breathed a bit weirdly. Her eyes drooped slightly as she waited patiently for him to grade her test. It's so hot.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pressing the back of his to her forehead. His eyes widened slightly as he noticed how hot her forehead was. "You're clearly sick. Why did you even come?" He questioned worriedly.

Momo laughed weakly. "I had to show Tsukki-senpai that I could ace this test." And get my reward.

"Well, I applaud you for your perseverance, but you shouldn't be reckless. You might worsen your cold." Her teacher scolded, seeing a paper be handed towards him. His eyes drifted to the holder of the paper and noticed that it was Shinohara. Moving his attention off of Momo, he began to grade her test.

When he finished, Shinohara took her paper and left without a single word. Momo left shortly after, being scolded by her sensei to go home and rest.

Sorry, sensei. I can't go home and rest. Momo felt her knees turn to jelly as a wave of dizziness hit her. Before she could hit the ground, someone caught her.

"Idiot, you need to go the fuck home." Shinohara said as she helped Momo into a standing position. Leaning on Shinohara, Momo walked out into the front of the school.

"Why're you helping me?" Momo asked softly, feeling delirious as she stared at Shinohara. The raven haired female scoffed, avoiding Momo's eyes as her cheeks tinged pink.

"Is it so bad that I want to help my crush for once?" Shinohara muttered, feeling her cheeks grow hotter as Momo processed what she said.

"Crush?" Momo's cheeks flamed- if that's even possible since they were already bright red- as she gaped at Shinohara. Shinohara-san has a crush on me?!

"Yes, I do, idiot," Shinohara answered, reading Momo's mind and expression. "But you're too dumb to realize that on your own."

"Well, it's not my fault," Momo chuckled softly. "You were always yelling at me or being mean."