Homicidal Maniacs do

The next day

I wake up in my room. I look around confused. I sit up, place a hand on my head. I feel the pounding in my ears. I head to the bathroom and stand infront of the mirror and stare at myself.

 I head to the bathroom and stand infront of the mirror and stare at myself

"You look like shit" I say. I place my hair in a messy bun, rinse my face with warm water and wash it using a face wash. I brush my teeth and grab the phone off my dresser. I open the bedroom door and the aroma of bacon fills the air.

I walk down my stairs and see Oscar in the kitchen, scrambling eggs. He soaks a slice of bread in it and places it on the skillet then eats a piece of bacon. He looks over at me and smiles, "hey".

I stare at him confused. I look around. He grabs a piece of bacon and puts it to my mouth. I move my head shaking it. "No, I'm not hungry" I say, furrowing my eyebrows looking at the fridge. I open the door and pull out the Orange Juice. "It expires in 3 days" I think to myself. From my peripheral, Oscar is handing me a glass. I grab it never looking at him. He kisses the top of my head and continues cooking.

I stare at the glass and juice jug in my hand, my eyes widen "oh my God he's going to kill me" I think to myself. I drop the glass, it shatters on the floor. I place the jug on the counter and grab a knife from my drawer, turn around in Oscar's direction.

"V calm down" Oscar says his hands in the air. "No, you're going to kill me!" I say scared. Oscar chuckles, "V if I wanted to kill you I would've done it last night" "No" I shake my head, "it would've been too obvious, you have to pretend we're good, so when you kill me nobody will suspect you" I say matter of factly.

"Babe, I made us breakfast, you really think I'm going to kill you?" he says trying not to laugh. "Homicidal Maniacs would!" I argue. "Do I look like a Homicidal Maniac?" Oscar replies. "Wednesday Adams says Homicidal Maniacs look just like everyone else" He laughs, "come sit and have breakfast with me" he says grabbing the plates of food, "keep the knife if you want to".

Oscar sits down, eating his sandwich

Oscar sits down, eating his sandwich. I slowly walk over and sit at the edge of the chair, staring at Oscar. I look at the food. "Damn it smells good" I think to myself. "Oh shit what if it's poisoned" I push the plate away. "Switch plates with me" I say. He raises an eyebrow. "You could've poisoned my food." I say, "switch plates." He stares at me, "what makes you think I'm not eating around the poison on my plate just in case you wanted to switch plates?" My eyes widen, "fuck" I whisper.

He laughs, "I'm not trying to kill you" Oscar says reassuring. "You freaked out last night" he begins, "it didn't feel right leaving you alone" He sits back in the chair, "some shit you said didn't add up, so I met Reginald lastnight for a drop. He says you're clever for figuring out the code but you never been involved in the transactions"

I look down staring at the food. "How did you afford an $800 watch?" he asks. I look at him and shrug, "I went to Jared's" we both laugh. "I have a really good job Oscar, I had enough for a down payment and was paying for the rest monthly" He exhales, "I've put you through alot of shit lately, you don't deserve the way I've been treating you" he says. I look at him. "Perdoname bebe" he says softly.

I stare at him thinking. Should I forgive him? I look at his eyes how they are framed perfectly with his eyebrows. How his teardrop tattoo sits ontop of his smooth skin. The fullness of his lips complimented by his mustache. I stare at his chest, the way his chain rests against it. He leans forward resting his forearms on the table as he eats. Flexing his biceps showing how toned he is. "Why does he have to look so sexy" I think to myself.

I pick up the breakfast sandwich he made and take a bite. "You know, for a Homicidal maniac, you know how to cook" I say smiling.

***This is a short chapter, kinda something fun to lighten up the mood with all the drama. And there's more of that coming that's for sure***