Glimpses of a trial

(2 Years Later)

Tuesday
February 9

Oscar's POV

Witness #1

Leah

"I was walking down a hall, after using the bathroom. I just felt someone wrap their arms around me and covered my mouth with like a handkerchief. Everything got blurry and I passed out" Leah said in a sad tone tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Then what happened?" Prosecutor Mccleary said placing a hand on the podium, facing the jury.

"My eyes were covered but I know I was in a vehicle, they played music really loud, so I couldn't hear anything but that. When the vehicle stopped, they covered my mouth with the same handkerchief and I was out again. Next thing I remember was a bright light in my eyes, like they were recording me. My wrist were tied to the arm rest. I yelled asking what do they want, but they just laughed and put tape on my mouth and covered my eyes" Leah recalls as a tear falls from her eye.

"Take your time" Mccleary says handing her a tissue. "How did you escape?"

Her face lit up, "Mando"

"There was a man at the foot of the steps in a pool of blood" the prosecutor says showing Leah a picture. She looks away and back at the prosecutor, anger in her eyes. He shows the picture to the Jury.

"Objection! Relevance?!" Reginald says noticing how uncomfortable Leah is.

"We are establishing a timeline, based on the decease's weapon" Mccleary argues.

"I'll allow it, but move it along counselor" Judge Malloy says sternly.

"Thank you your honor. Leah did you recall this gentleman?"

"Yes" Leah responds dryly.

"Did you take the decease's gun?" He asks staring at her.

Leah furrows her brows confused. "Yes"

"At one point did you hand the defendant this gun? this same gun that killed Parker Smith!"

"Objection!" Reginald shot up and yelled.

"Overruled! the witness will answer the question" Judge Malloy says.

Leah's eyes were full of tears as she looked at me. She blinked and the tears rolled down her face. "Yes" she says in a shaky voice. I softened my face, the left side of my mouth curls upward slightly. "It's ok Leah" I think to myself.

"No further questions" the prosecutor says satisfied walking away.

"Your witness counselor" Judge Malloy says signaling to Reginald.

He stands up, frustrated look on his face. Approaching the podium, "Leah," he begins, "do you remember the events after Mando rescued you?"

Leah lets out a small smile and looks down. "Yes" she says softly.

"Tell us what hap-"

"Objection! Narrative" Mccleary interrupts.

"She hasn't even said anything," Reginald says looking at the Prosecutor dumbfounded. He sighs, "your honor the defense is trying to prove that the defendant acted in self defense due to a hostile environment. Leah can recreate that environment for the Jury" he responds looking at Mr. Mccleary.