CHAPTER ONE

Sigh. What have I gotten myself into? I used to be so careful and now I've screwed everything up. Oh well, time to face the music.

Shoulders slumped, I walked to my doom. Prepared to tell my one night stand that in a few months, he's gonna be a daddy.

"...yeah, I got laid that night and as I was leaving, you won't believe who called me, begging me to take her..."

"Excuse me," I interrupted.

Matthew, my one night stand, looked over his shoulder and glared down at me, clearly upset at having been interrupted. He was surrounded by other players and I think he was re-telling the story of the night we slept together. I pulled my courage and cleared my thoart, "Can I talk to you? It's important."

He turned his body so he fully faced me. None of the others made moves to leave.

"Can we talk in private?"

He huffed, shrugged his shoulders and moved away from his group, leaving me to follow after him.

This is going to be so embarrassing. I bet he doesn't even remember my name.

When he finally stopped, I moved to stand in front of him. I wanted to coware away and forget about telling him. But I couldn't, Nonna would be disappointed in me for not seeing this though. So I straightened my shoulders, looked him in the eye and delievered my news. "I'm pregnant."

He just looked at me. Unsure if I said it loud enough, I said it again with more power in my voice. "Did you hear me? I said I'm pregnant. We're having a baby."

"Look uh, uh"

I knew it. "Renee." I snapped

He slowly started to shake his head. "Whatever. No, no we aren't having a baby toether, stop lying."

"Lying, why would I lie about this." I reached into my Coach hand bag and pulled out the baggie filled with positive pregnancy tests. Twelve postive pregnancy tests to be exact.

Matthew grabbed the baggie and stared at the contents. "What is this?" He asked, frustrated.

"Pregnancy tests. All postive." I reached into my handbag again and this time I pulled out a slip of paper from my OBGYN. I took the bag of pregnancy tests from his and and replaced it with the slip of paper.

"And what is this?" He asked, becoming more growly.

"It's a slip from my OBGYN, confirming my pregnancy and possible date of conception."

Matthew began to paced in front of me, running his hands roughly through his black hair. I stood paitently waited for him to stop. When he finally did I stood directly in front of me. His chest my face due to his 5'10 height and my 5'0 height. He threw the paper directly in my face, "How do I know the baby is mine?"

"How do I know the baby is yours?" I stepped back with a shocked look on my face. Holding my chest in disbelief. "Did you forget that I was a virgin the night we had sex? I'm two months pregnant almost to the day, how could I lie?"

"How am I supposed to know you didn't hop into someone else's bed after I left you? I mean it didn't take much to get you into my bed in the first place."

My neck snapped back like I'd been slapped. My eyes began to water and I could feel my face begining to turn red under my carmel colored skin. I wiped the tears that began to trail down my face and tooks several steps away from Matthew. Clearing my throat, I spoke. "If this baby is yours do you want to be a part of his or her life?"

He let out a huge sigh and scurbed his face. When he finally looked at me, without hesitation he said, "No."

"No, alright. Can I ask why not?" Tears continued to fall from my eyes but did so at a faster pace.